Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Kearns, Bailey , and EdE involved

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

RUMOR: Kearns, Bailey , and EdE involved

Rumor is forming from someone who has legitimate inside information. The just of it is that it is pretty unlikely but it sparks a lot of conversation.

The word is that Kearns, Bailey, and EdE may be dealt to an AL West team for a "difference maker" starting pitcher, a 2B prospect, and a PTBNL.

Sounds hanus for us unless it is someone that is a serious difference maker.

But here are my thoughts of possibilities:

-Angels are out because they already have Edgardo Alfonso, Dallas McPherson and Chone Figgins to play 3B and it leaves no room for EdE. Also, with Guerrero, G. Anderson, and Figgins set to start in the outfield, they have no room for Kearns. They have a very solid prospect list and may not even need someone like Bailey right now.

-The M's are out because they have Beltre at 3B which leaves no room for EdE. Kearns may be an upgrade to their outfield, but their best 2B prospect is Cabrera or Valbuena whom are no match to a Bailey and makes the SP we receive to have to be a true ace.

-The Rangers are a very slim possibility but Ian Kinsler fits the 2B prospect role, but they do not have room for EdE in their infield. I am not too sure if Kearns is any better than Mench or Matthews either. But I don't know much about those two players. I know they are high on Matthews and Wilkerson, so Mench would be the odd man out. Kearns just might fit here. The difference making SP would have to be Kevin Millwood then. Not sure if that is enough for the three they would be asking for.

-The A's are out because they have Chavez at 3B. Bradley, Payton and Kotsay in the OF. No room for either EdE or Kearns. The inriguing thing with them is that they have some really nice SP in Harden and Zito. And they have a decent 2B prospect in Melillo.

Anyhow any thoughts?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I read a rumor about Kearns going to the Indians for Jake Westbrook:

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plain...l=2&thispage=2

No big deal:

Pitcher Jake Westbrook shrugged off recent speculation he'd be traded to the Cincinnati Reds for Austin Kearns. "I've been traded three times before," Westbrook said, "so I didn't give it much thought.

"I'm not really used to hearing my name in trade talks, but it's all part of the game."
    It's dated today, but isn't this an old rumor?

MLB ERA
    Yeah, that's an old rumor.

And I am not expecting the lead rumor in this post to happen either, although I will try to check up on it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks CRF. Would be nice to see what others think about this one.

MLB ERA
    Sure thing.

Harden is probably the only one I would go for in that deal. Giving up a potentially VERY good 3B for years to come and Bailey, who has a near-top of the rotation type talent AND Kearns (who I think will have a good year this year) would require a true ace like Harden.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Sure thing.

Harden is probably the only one I would go for in that deal. Giving up a potentially VERY good 3B for years to come and Bailey, who has a near-top of the rotation type talent AND Kearns (who I think will have a good year this year) would require a true ace like Harden.
    I agree 100%. He is the only one that we could say would actually be worth all this.

A's fans, would you make a move like this for Harden and Melillo and a PTBNL?

MLB ERA
    *has another drink*

I'm not an A's fan, but if I'm Beane, I aint doing that deal.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I don't think Krivsky will make a deal just for the sake of making a deal. He will only make moves that make sense.

If we are going to get another three or lower type starter, of which we already have a couple, I imagine he'll pass. We shouldn't trade two offensive players who can be among the better ones in the league and a pitcher who could maybe even be a No. 1 in a rotation sooner than later for anyone other than one of the top pitchers in the league.

There are plenty of reasons why I don't think this deal will happen.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The A's would do that deal when hell freezes over.

It doesn't sound very reliable nor does it make a lot of sense. I wouldn't put a ton into this.

MLB ERA
    I highly doubt the A's are entertaining offers for Harden since he's signed through 2008 with a team option for 2009.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

Loaiza, Beane said, will be part of the 2006 starting rotation, and he essentially put an "untouchable" tag on young righties Harden, Blanton and Haren.
    I doubt that he's changed his mind about moving Harden when each member of the "big 3" has said Harden will be better than each of them. Showalter called him the best pitcher in the AL. I'm sure Billy knows what he has.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Beane would trade Zito before he trades Harden.

MLB ERA
    If we aren't getting Harden(very unlikely), I don't want to do this deal.

This is probably much fuss over nothing though, because I find it very dubious to begin with.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    If we aren't getting Harden(very unlikely)
    it's very unlikely that you aren't getting Harden? But that means you are!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    it's very unlikely that you aren't getting Harden? But that means you are!
    It's very likely that we aren't getting Harden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast