Thread: Count 'em, Your Two Reds Catchers

MLB ERA

Count 'em, Your Two Reds Catchers

Jason Larue-Age 31
    .260/.351/.452 in 422 PA

Walks, pop, what the hell more do you want? A catcher with balanced offensive skills who isn't making over 5 million a year is hard to find. A big split favoring the road means that he might even improve a bit in 2006. That said, Larue is near the age where catchers tend to fall off a cliff. That's just the nature of the position. Given that 2005 was his career year, I say this is the perfect time to trade Larue for something with future value. There are many teams that could use someone with the short-term value of Larue. Why doesn't he get any press while a significantly worse player like Paul Lo Duca gets all the "heart and soul" bull? Maybe if it was Jason La Rue.

Javier Valentin-Age 30
    .281/.362/.520 in 254 PA

Not much younger than Larue, I put my money on this one anyway. With much less playing time in recent years, he has less wear and tear than many catchers his age, similar to Jorge Posada. He also posted absurd road numbers, so might even improve. His low cost is icing on the cake. He doesn't have a big performance record in the majors, but he should be a good one for the next few years. It can't be an easy decision, what with Valentin being so ugly, but this guy has the best chance of being on the next good Reds team.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Reds Chick Baseblogger Red Hot Mama's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    It can't be an easy decision, what with Valentin being so ugly, but this guy has the best chance of being on the next good Reds team.

You have my wrath, sir. Pistols at dawn!

MLB ERA
    I saw his ESPN picture. It looks like he rides the short bus.

He's also from a town called Manati, as in manatee. Do I have to spell it all out?
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Javy has just about the most awesome mustache ever, good sir.

Its what we call, a Mexistache.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Reds Chick Baseblogger Red Hot Mama's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    I saw his ESPN picture. It looks like he rides the short bus.

He's also from a town called Manati, as in manatee. Do I have to spell it all out?
    Well then in that case, I defer. After all, who am I to argue with such an obvious connoisseur of men's attractiveness?

MLB ERA
    Damn straight. I know sexy men.