Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds among the teams pursuing Morris, but O'Brien moving slowly

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Great points Wally. This is what we were hoping for all along. But I really think that Womack will be starting at 2B if Aurilia is not signed. That being said, we still need the Kearns/Pena trade asap.

Here are the talks on Kearns' possible movement:

Austin Kearns- the Reds have reportedly offered Kearns to CHI for Sergio Mitre and another minor leaguer (likely a pitcher)...Twins, Padres, Pirates and Cards also interested...the Reds have asked for Jerome Williams instead of Mitre and the Cubs agreed to that...Cubs' GM Jim Hendry declines that he has spoke with the Reds...Cubs also willing to deal Ricky Nolasco or add Todd Wellemyer to a deal for Kearns...BOS has offered Youkilis and Arroyo for him
    http://www.mlb4u.com/rumors.html

These are some possibilities and I am not too sure how solid they are. As most of them will not work because trades have already been made for suggested players. But I agree that Kearns or Pena trades would be the best way to go now.
    One thing is for certain.....I don't think we will be obtaining Mitre from the Cubs. I believe that he was traded to the Marlins for Pierre.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I say the Cards are out because I think they will go back and sign MattyMo. They missed opportunities to sign other FA SP and they are probably feeling short on SPs right now. So Marquis is likely out.

There is still the Twins, Padres, Pirates, and BoSox. Any thoughts on these teams?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    One thing is for certain.....I don't think we will be obtaining Mitre from the Cubs. I believe that he was traded to the Marlins for Pierre.

Yep, him and Nalasco were traded in that move. The Cubs are out as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12