Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Game Thread for 4/13: Reds @ Cards

MLB ERA
    Man, Randa has been insane thus far:

.448/.529/.862/1.391

He also has 3 HR and 10 RBI!!

I like the signing.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Was Jose apart of that big ninth inning I heard about for the Nationals on the radio?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Was Jose apart of that big ninth inning I heard about for the Nationals on the radio?

Guillen added a two-run homer off Roman Colon in the ninth. Pinch-hitter Terrmel Sledge had a three-run triple off Kevin Gryboski and scored on Brad Wilkerson's single.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Man, Randa has been insane thus far:

.448/.529/.862/1.391

He also has 3 HR and 10 RBI!!

I like the signing.
    I thought Randa would be Sean Casey lite, not an insult to what I expected from him... but jeez he's been a monster at the plate. Near 1.4 OPS, wow. Casey might have competition when it comes to team lead in doubles by the end of the season.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I thought Randa would be Sean Casey lite, not an insult to what I expected from him... but jeez he's been a monster at the plate. Near 1.4 OPS, wow. Casey might have competition when it comes to team lead in doubles by the end of the season.

I agree... although I've liked this signing since the beginning. I definitely don't LOATHE it like some do!

I think getting out of KC is big for him. I also just seem him as the type of player to have a big year after signing with a team like the Reds. I can't describe why entirely... but I thought that as soon as he was signed.

Guillen doesn't fit in well with the club.

Our team in full of good guys.....team plays. Guillen is considered a cancer.

Plus all four of our outfielders are better. Its a tossup between Wily Mo and Guillen but I would take Pena because of attitude and youth.

MLB ERA
    I'm not so sure about Pena vs. Guillen. As of right now, I'd give Guillen the edge.

They had similar years last year...but Guillen is a little better now, but I would rather have Pena because of his good attitude and youth.

MLB ERA
    He definitely has a better attitude. No doubt. Bowden doesn't mind it though.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Jiminez hit better today with a combination of things. First, the before mentioned location in the batting order. With him out of the leadoff spot he just hits a lot better. But I think more importantly than that is the fact that he batted right handed and is on a tear from that side of the plate. I have no doubt that this has to be a concern in DJ facing a right handed pitcher. I hope Miley does not figure DJ to be a hitter again and lead him off batting left handed Friday.

Pena vs. Guillen? Guillen wins right now, but as AD44 mentioned, Pena is younger and has a ceiling that we do not know just how high it can go.

And oh yes I really believe that if it were not for the Randa signing, we would be 1-7. Dead serious. We have a walk off home run, a grand slam, and clutch hitting and a glove that saved the game today. Equals to three wins for us. Without him we would have won only one game. Randa is a savior in Red right now!

MLB ERA
    I agree with all of that redsrbetter.

And the good news is, based on repeated career numbers, we can expect Casey, Dunn and Kearns to all start hitting well... so it's a good thing Randa has been so hot at a time they haven't been.

I hope the offense is awake after today and we can win two games vs. the Astros. We have lost eleven in a row to them... you would think something has to give sooner or later.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pena vs Guillen? If I wanted the best player NOW, I'd take Guillen. If I wanted the best player in two years, Pena.

As for the point redsrbetter made on Randa... I totally agree. I think his play can be an inspiritation for the rest of the guys. He's put up tremendous overall numbers, been clutch and made the plays on D. I love it that we now have a 3B in which we are surprised when he messes up, not when he does what he is supposed to.

MLB ERA
    Pena definitely has the "potential" to be better in two years, but I just can't buy that he will be yet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456