Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we too disappointed?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I like your thoughts bipster. And I also like the fact that we are still at .500. But I know that we should have a better record than that right now. All I am feeling like is that we have to beat the teams in our division most importantly. And to go 0-3 against to start the season leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Another thing is; I may have to go as far as saying that I fear playing the Astros more than I fear the Cards for this team. The Cards are the better team, but the Reds just can't seem to beat the Astros ever. I really don't expect to win both games against the Cardinals this week, and should expect to beat the Astros at least 1 out of 3 games. I know it is early, and I know this team will lose a lot worse than they have to the Astros right now, but I really was enjoying the jumpstart they had and am blown away with the recent losses.

On a positive note: Harang is starting tomorrow and I do not see a better candidate to give us a push to win the game. So far he has been our best starter, including during ST, and will give us the best opportunity. I sure hope the bats are ready though. Clutch hitting! Clutch hitting! Clutch hitting!

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I Think Claussen is scheduled for a game soon though. Therefore, they did not want to mix up the rotation order or have Claussen then pitch for Milton and pitch three days later for his slot.
    he isn't scheduled to start until April 19th, i think that is plenty of time, in fact it is so much time he is going to be extremely rusty by the time he steps on the mound, not only should he have started, he probably should have been seeing some innings in relief to stay fresh

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh I thought he would be starting after Ortiz' start this week. I guess I was wrong then. If that is the case, then I agree that he is going to be way too rusty. I would at least look into giving him a few bullpen sessions the next few days. And he definitely should have started the Milton game. Good call NFL.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I like your thoughts bipster. And I also like the fact that we are still at .500. But I know that we should have a better record than that right now. All I am feeling like is that we have to beat the teams in our division most importantly. And to go 0-3 against to start the season leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Another thing is; I may have to go as far as saying that I fear playing the Astros more than I fear the Cards for this team. The Cards are the better team, but the Reds just can't seem to beat the Astros ever. I really don't expect to win both games against the Cardinals this week, and should expect to beat the Astros at least 1 out of 3 games. I know it is early, and I know this team will lose a lot worse than they have to the Astros right now, but I really was enjoying the jumpstart they had and am blown away with the recent losses.

On a positive note: Harang is starting tomorrow and I do not see a better candidate to give us a push to win the game. So far he has been our best starter, including during ST, and will give us the best opportunity. I sure hope the bats are ready though. Clutch hitting! Clutch hitting! Clutch hitting!
    I agree with you on the fact that looking back on each individual game we should be 5-1, but hindsight is alwyas 20-20. I guess what I meant is if you were told that you were going to face those pitchers that we faced and that your 3-4-5 hitters were not producing for the first 6 games.....you would probably be satisfied with a 3-3 record. Speaking of Harang, I think there is a pretty good chance that I will be at the game tomorrow night, seeing as the park is only 25 minutes from me. Hopefully work won't keep me too long and I will be the lone Reds fan amongst all the Cardinals.

AA ERA
    Isnt baseball such a great game? Isnt it strange how the Reds wipe up the Mets, the Astros wipe up the Reds and today the Mets wiped up the Astros. Well anyway.

Why didnt Claussen get a start this weekend? I would think if Milton had the flu and was working on 3 days rest that they would have went to Claussen. Well I would like to see him get some starts under his belt until Hudson is healthy. I dont see whats so wrong with getting him some experience either, even if its out of the bullpen. But him getting skipped probably showed that the Reds had their mind made up before ST and that Hudson was the fifth starter.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ya definitely go man if you have the chance. we could use the luck!

Anyhow I think we are on the same page with this. You said that if our middle of the order was bringing it, we would probably have won more games. thats my point as well. They have to start sticking with RISP. Anyhow I am excited about the game tomorrow and will be ready for a battle.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    don't know about you guys I'm sure not disapointed, we lost 3 games they were good ones too, but we got an outstanding line up it's looking good for us I'm ready for this show to get going, we lost 3 to houston but we can make that up by beating them after we get by Stl.

AAA ERA
    yea we got a good chance against stl......the philllies blew em out like 10-4 and 14-4 of the games i saw.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    ouch, that's got to hurt

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    you forgot one big guy that MUST start hitting crf30...........GRIFFEY. hes doing horrible this year...no hr yet...jeez
    brandon you have to understand that griffey hasn't played since what? august?

he's still trying to find his swing. he's getting good hits and i tell you he would have atleast 3 hrs by now, dunn atleast 5 and kearns maybe 1 or 2 if it weren't for the way Minute Maid is set up.

Me? Worried? NAHH its too early. you can't judge a whole season after 6 games.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12