View Poll Results: Eric Milton's position in the rotation for 2006? (What you believe the REDS will do)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ace

0 0%
  • #2-3

3 37.50%
  • #4-5

3 37.50%
  • In the bullpen

0 0%
  • Traded

2 25.00%

Thread: Eric Milton's spot for 2006?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eric Milton's spot for 2006?

Given the way this organization values a player who makes a lot of cash (rightfully so or not) how high do you see Milton being in the rotation if at all for next season?

MLB ERA
    He'll be in the rotation. It really doesn't matter beyond that. Harang and Claussen should be the 1-2 next year, though we really could use a FA who can be at least a 2 or 3.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I know it really doesn't matter a great deal but I am curious to see how the Reds will try to play this one. There is NO QUESTION that he will be in the rotation, the question is what spot will he get due to his salary and more importantly, who will be the pitcher(s) not given a chance due to the contract.

(Just trying to start some discussion)

MLB ERA
    If there is a new GM like many have been reported as the case by the time Free Agency starts, then I fully expect him to be unloaded (with cash) to a team that thinks their park can hold all the fly balls (IE Washington) for a spect or two. He should not and does not deserve a spot in the rotation over anyone IMO. If he is in the rotation anywhere then it is a crock.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    If no one wants him in a trade, I think the new owners will eat his contract. Based on the choices given though, I would say the team will try to make him a fourth or fifth starter, even if he does put up one of the worst years in MLB history again.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I'm right there with slyder and CRF. I voted for "traded," but really it was a 50/50 to me, because i've learned as i've paid more attention to sports in the last couple of years just how much comes down to image.

If they keep DanO, he will protect his image, he would never admit that a signing was a big mistake. So he will stick with Milton, probably as the 3 starter behind Harang and Claussen.

If they get rid of DanO, the new guy will have to establish his image as someone different than the guy he just replaced, so he will HAVE TO get rid of milton to show that he knows it was a mistake.

The sad thing is that neither of these decisions will be based on making the reds a better team, it just happens that one of them will, so i hope that DanO is gone. Of course either one could prove me wrong, but that's my guess.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford