Thread: Reds Avoid Sweep

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Reds Avoid Sweep

win the game 4-2. Griffey hit homer number 29, and FeLo continued to snap out of his slide by playing long ball too. Ortiz went 7.2IP giving up only 2 ER, and Weathers went the rest of the way to get the save

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ortiz has somehow looked really good in his last few starts. Does anyone want to keep him for next season?

Man, Griffey has been on a huge tear lately. August has been a big month for him.

MLB ERA
    I wouldn't mind keeping Ortiz next year as long as he comes cheap. If we can pay him, say, 1.5 million for next year then he's worth keeping.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    If we keep Ortiz, and we have a chance to get an ace. Who would we take off the rotation? Would you then be ready to get rid of Ortiz? Or would it be someone else?

MLB ERA
    I would get rid of Ortiz. I just have no confidence in his ability to string together consistently good starts throughout the season. I'm afraid we'll see far too many performances where he'll get shelled. No thanks, especially since we're probably already stuck with Milton for next year:

Harang, Claussen, Germano, Milton and Hancock/Hudson

I think the other potential starters could be better than Ortiz would be and at a cheaper price.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.