Thread: Griffey Clears Waivers

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Griffey Clears Waivers

According to various reports and an article in today's Enquirer, Junior cleared waivers Friday. This now allows the Reds to trade him if they choose.

Everyone expected him to clear waivers (the first shoe dropping). Let's see whether or not the Reds trade him (the second shoe dropping).
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This doesn't completely state that Griffey is definitely getting traded. But it definitely makes the possibilities and likelihood a lot bigger. Thanks for the report rf28!

With all the talks about this the last few days, I really think something is in the works. There has to be a reason why DanO has not pulled the trigger on this. I can think of a few.

*Maybe DanO is calling for a better deal then what has been reported. His stubborness may be worthwhile if this is the case. McCarthy may not be on the table, but DanO may be trying to sweeten the deal. This may eventually put the White Sox in a more desperate position. They may have to soon realize that they really could use Griffey's bat during the playoffs.

*Or DanO is trying his harderst to pursuade Lindner on this and Old Man Carl has not bitten yet.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Your probably right McCarthy wouldn't be on the table. The Sox are supposed to have some good young pitchers in their minor leagues. Young and Rogowski are both good solid prospects and I would expect the third unnamed player to be about of the same quality. This prospect would most certainly be a pitcher. In fact I'd say you could bet the farm on it. I'm pulling for a young, ground ball pitching, left hander with some college experience. If we're gonna dream lets dream big.