Thread: A Mets insider recently said Cincinnati's Sean Casey hasn't been made available

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A Mets insider recently said Cincinnati's Sean Casey hasn't been made available

The Mets need to address first base now or come winter, with the team highly unlikely to pick up Doug Mientkiewicz's $3.75 million option. Yet short of Lyle Overbay, whom Milwaukee GM Doug Melvin has said won't be dealt until the winter - if at all - the other first basemen available have unattractive, big contracts like those of Todd Helton (Rockies) and Mike Sweeney (Royals). A Mets insider recently said Cincinnati's Sean Casey hasn't been made available, and he's not a power hitter, anyway.
    Article Link

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I hope this is somesort of cruel joke. O'Brien should be walking around all MLB stadiums with Casey ringing a bell saying "Man for sale! Man for sale! Overpriced really nice 1B for sale!" If this is true, and I hope to God it's not, I don't give a damn about the Randa deal no longer. This kind of stupidity instantly cancels out whatever brains he showed. Call up the Mets, offer Casey and a couple mil both this and next season in exchange for Aaron Heilman. Or take on a smaller contract problem of their's instead of giving them money.

If we end up with The Mayor next year and not Adam Dunn, I am going to throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    If we end up with The Mayor next year and not Adam Dunn, I am going to throw up.
    I already feel sick....

it is truly time to shake off the ghosts of the '99 team. It was a great ride, but the guys who won so many games with that team aren't going to win now, we need to be putting a new team together. Casey is the last of that era who remains, and it's time for him to go.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Well, Casey keeps hitting 3rd. It's either because the team is in love with him or they're shopping him. Hopefully the latter is true. I think it might be. I just hope someone will take him.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Goddammit, I hate Dan O with a passion.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Not made available? If he is trying to make it seem like Casey is not available because he wants to do his usual "make another GM beg for a player with an awesome return" thing, then he is completely out of context on this one. You don't handle this situation in that manner. You find the teams in need of a 1B and you tell them that Casey is available if they take on most of his contract. You will get a team trying to win something and in need of a good contact bat. Mets fit this category, and DanO should not pass it up because his useless greed. We should not expect anything more than a mediocre prospect if DanO does this right. But, with Casey as an unavailable listing right now, he will never get dealt.

Hopefully this is a way of the Mets saying that they want Casey and they wish he were available. ("Mets insider recently said Cincinnati's Sean Casey hasn't been made available")

And hopefully they are showing DanO that he will not get as good of a return as he wants. ("and he's not a power hitter, anyway.")

MLB ERA
    I think this situation is more of O'Brien trying to bait teams into deals. He is sending mixed signals, IMO.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.