Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Time for an old fashioned game thread:7/25 Reds at LA

MLB ERA
    Ray-Ray!

MLB ERA
    RHP Steve Schmoll in to pitch, he is 2-0 with a 3.88 ERA, 9/13 bb/k ratio.

He will face PH Olmedo, batting .474.

0-2 the count as Olmedo swings and fouls it off.

Jacob Cruz on the on-deck circle to PH for "Love Shack"

Swing and a flyball to left and racing back is ledee, as he makes the catch.

11 in a row retired the reds are.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Tommorow lefties on the mound, Eric "HR" Milton pitching and going opposite Perez.

Reds have been shut out 3 times this year.

Count 1-2 to Pinch hitter jacob cruz, schmoll pitches and theres a popup in foul ground, third base side and the out is made as the reds are down to their final out

MLB ERA
    Speaking like Yoda ghettochild is.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Is Schmoll a sidewinder? (I am not watching the game, just following it here while I check my email.)

MLB ERA
    Boo. Felipe flew out to the warning track in dead center to keep the shutout going. Poopy poop.

MLB ERA
    Felipe strugaling latley, striking out 3x yesterday and once today, as he takes a first pitch strike.

LA will get one game over .500 with a win here tonight.

Count 1-1 and theres a fly ball, deep centerfield CF'er Repko going back to the track and he makes the catch against the wall, and thats all she wrote folks.

Reds get shut out 0-4

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is the first shutout of the season, correct?

MLB ERA
    MVP: Love Shack. He pitched a perfect 1/3 of an inning. He's the man.

Kee, so I had to reach for one today. I couldn't give it to Aurilia because he fails at defense (and I hate him), and giving it to Dunn because of one walk would irritate me.

MLB ERA
    We got shutout a few weeks ago against the Astros. Clemens pitched. I remember because I was there. Pretty shitty choice of a game to go to if you ask me...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    We got shutout a few weeks ago against the Astros. Clemens pitched. I remember because I was there. Pretty shitty choice of a game to go to if you ask me...
    Ah, I've been in and out of the games for the past month. I figured if I wanted to live to 50, it's probably not a great idea to suffer as much as possible. Or at least learn to take them better (you would think these past few years would give me enough experience to grow a tolerance, but nope.)

As for Clemens... I wouldn only go to a Clemens game if the intent is to watch Clemens dominate. Clemens is kind of creepy, I think he senses fear and thrives off other players fear of him. Thus why he *MOST* of the time, our boys look like little leaguers out there. Obviously this season he's done that to most teams, but he seems to put the whole package together when facing the Reds and it looks so effortless. Whether he's getting a hit, making a nice play or striking someone out... damn.

MLB ERA
    Poor outing by the reds today as they get one-hit shutout'd by the pitching combination of Lowe/Schmoll.

The lone hit being Richie's hit to LF

Derek Lowe wins it, he goes to 7-10, Harang loses it he goes to 6-9.

Harang looked good in the first inning, mowing them down 1-2-3, but gave up a leadoff single, a sing, a walk to load the bases and then with 1 out Harang gives up a bases clearing double, which could have saved the reds a run if f'lo had not held up the cutoff throw.

Harang continued to struggle all night as he didn't get another 1-2-3 inning until the fifth inning. he finished up 6IP 7H 4ER 2BB 3K.

Lowe, who has been streaky all season, was on tonight, going 8 innings giving up one hit, that to our boy richie rich. He walked one and struck out 5 after having to leave due to a blister on his pitching thumb.

And thats all she wrote! I'm tired as heck, basically called the whole game. Who knows, maybe i'll be back tommorow with a complete play-by-play, as its pretty fun being enthusiastic when you're team is losing.

ghettochild out!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    So how about that poor defense by aurillia? he keeps going into the outfield while kearns has it.

Standbridge seems to have control problems, i don't know really why he's on the 25-man...Hopefully weber will be up soon as he's completly tearing it up in the minors on a rehab assignment.

the 3-2 pitch and the first two have reached, first and second with none out.
    I have no problem with the job Standridge has done and he's tons better than Weber

MLB ERA
    i'm a big beliver on the first-pitch strikes deal, and trying to get people out. i hate walks, and whenever you have a BB:K thats almost even, i can't stand that.

MLB ERA
    Standridge has been extremely lucky. If he continues to give up Hits and Walks at the rate he has, he will start giving up a lot of runs. He has a 1.00 ERA and a 1.78 WHIP. These things have a way of evening out if he continues to give up all those Hits/Walks.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789