Thread: Randa to Padres?

Rookie ERA

Randa to Padres?

On Baseball Tonite a few days ago they said Joe Randa was most likely to go to the Padres, but they never said for who.

My question is... Has anyone heard a rumor about this going down, or if not, is there anyone good we can get from the Padres for Randa?

MLB ERA
    There's been rumors about Randa going to have the damn league, to be honest. The Padres have a lot they could give us, either in terms of prospects or major-league ready players.

MLB ERA
    Well, San Diego needs a third baseman, since Sean Burroughs sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    I do believe "sucks" is being incredibly nice. He's slugging .302.

Yes, that's right, .302. By comparison, Alex Sanchez is slugging .442 and Juan Pierre is slugging .357. The Reds don't have any starters even close to having an OBP that low. In fact, Eric Milton is slugging less than 30 points lower than that .302.

So yes, I'd say sucks is most definitely an understatement.

I think SD is a good possibility for Randa. It makes more sense than some of the other rumors we've heard like the Dodgers or Indians both of whom can be argued as to whether they're even in contention.

The West is the Padres' division to lose, they have a clear need for a 3B and they have players the Reds can use so I think this is a match.

and the rumor came from time kurkjian, who i think is hands down espn's best baseball guy. He lives it and breathes it, and seems like he's just about never wrong.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Was this said like something he knows will go down or something he thinks will go down?

something he thinks will go down.
    Reds MVP Race

I hate Tim Kurkjian, huge Cardinal homer. Everytime I watch him he is speaking about the Cards. He even said it would be better for Griffey to hit his 500th in St Louis instead of Cincinnati.

But I do hope he is right.

i've ever noticed that with Kurkjian, not that it doesn't happen. I just think he's a sweet baseball nerd who knows a lot about what goes on, is right more often than not when it comes to deals, and has a decent sense of humor.

one time on baseball tonight he cut someone off during some brewers highlights when Wes Helms hit a homerun to say "That's Helms Deep." If you haven't read lord of the rings, trust me that is a very funny and nerdy thing to say on national TV, and i support that kind of thing.

Also he was talking about how Garret Anderson had never been hit by a pitch in the big leagues and claimed that the first thing he did every morning was check the previous night's box score to see if it had finally happened. How ridiculous is that. And sweet. We need more of that in the baseball media. He doesn't give a crap about who the big stars are (at least from what i've seen) the guy just loves baseball.

And that's the end of my Tim Kurkjian is awsome rant.
    Reds MVP Race

MLB ERA
    I still like Harold Reynolds the best of the Baseball Tonight crew.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I wonder if the Cardinals have called OB about Randa? It sure seems to me that Rolen's got one of those shoulder injuries like Casey and Kearns had a few years ago and we all know how slowly they heal.

MLB ERA
    I doubt the Cards are that worried about it. They'll rest him for the rest of the year, then have him ready for the playoffs. They've already got solid back-ups in Nunez and Mabry, and it isn't like they're in a division race. They did just fine in the first half without Rolen, and I'm sure they will again.