Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds want two MLB players and a spect for Dunn supposedly

MLB ERA
    Lindner, I believe, is the second richest owner in the league behind Pohlad. Steinbrenner and Henry aren't that high, I don't think.

I just hope Lindner will spend $$$ next year. I would love to sign Dunn to a long term contract.

Honestly, I would say Carl will live another 5 years...

And it's going to be pathetic if he continues his cheap habits in the next couple of years because he is going to leave all/most of his money to his son Robert who is a major crack head.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    The thing is, Dunn IS worth a couple of a good starters and perhaps a spec. If they were a one and two starter...maybe not, but if they are just two "good" starters, we would have to have a spec. thrown in as well. If it were one great starter and a position player who is good, that MIGHT do it, but it would depend on exactly who the starter and position player were. I'm not sure who would really be an upgrade as a position player though. Maybe if we are going to trade Casey and we want someone to fill that void something could work, but we have EdE, Lopez, Freel and the outfielders set and I don't see anyone coming who would be an upgrade over LaRue.
    What is a "spec"?

Did you mean "prospect"?

Really, it's down to Dan O'Brien being able to better sell the value of a Dunn trade, then the job the writers are doing in this case. And, I just don't see Dan O'Brien doing much more than talking with a mouthful of spaghetti, from his hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    I just hope Lindner will spend $$$ next year. I would love to sign Dunn to a long term contract.

Honestly, I would say Carl will live another 5 years...

And it's going to be pathetic if he continues his cheap habits in the next couple of years because he is going to leave all/most of his money to his son Robert who is a major crack head.
    Lindner's sons have shown no interest in owning the Reds. When Lindner passes on the next owner will be the result of a vote of the other partners so you have to figure it'll be whoever buys the 51% that's currently for sale. Lindner's "controlling interest" won't pass onto his sons...only his 20% or whatever he owns.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Lindner, I believe, is the second richest owner in the league behind Pohlad. Steinbrenner and Henry aren't that high, I don't think.
    I didn't say owner; I said ownership (as there is more than 1 owner)...the way it was phrased when the A's were bought was that they are now the 3rd richest team as far as resources (other stuff besides cash)...Yanks, Sox, and then A's.

MLB ERA
    The Yanks and Sox resources come more from what they generate themselves than anything else.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    you can keep dunn for that price. he's good, but not that good.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12