Page 64 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Who-Dey!

BTW, I would take Arroyo in a clutch game over Harang, including the first game of a playoff series.

Just sayin'.
    yeah I agree

and Bengals 23
    Chiefs 10

and good let the pads beat the Gnats we got them tomorrow and the next two days

MLB ERA
    I saw this from a poster on Marc Lanacaster's blog and had to post it because it gave me a laugh:

"Sometimes I wonder if there's a big wheel in the dugout, with every reliever's picture on it. Before every inning, Narron spins the wheel.

"Let's see who's pitching the ninth today... [SPINS WHEEL] ... Schowenweis....Majewski...Cormier....Coffey...slow ing down.... It's Franklin again!!!!! Go get 'em, pal." "

The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    With Franklin of course filling every slot that's left empty since we dont have enough pitchers to fill all the spots.

MLB ERA
    Only Jerry realizes that he's the most talented guy in our bullpen.

His 4.54 ERA, 1.54 WHIP, 31 BB/35 K and 13 HR given up in about 71 IP proves that!

We just need to repsect Jerry's knowledge.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am sorry the activity has been so slow here guys for the past few days, after all the hope I had, I guess I am suffering from a broken heart which thus is causing this apathy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone see the Jr. pinch hit homer? I am still at school, in between classes, but that made my day reading it on the Reds website. I am however quite conflicted as I would prefer the Reds to be losing for better draft position, but I like to see Jr. not calling it quits for the rest of the season (even if it's just a bit left, assuming that he is fine to play of course.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Starting Chris Michalak, playing an awful lineup.... even if the chances are slim, ugh. IS there a smilie with one of the little guys putting a gun to his head? Eh, nevermind, Narron does that to Mr. Red on a nightly basis (close enough to a smilie and the action I was describing.)

MLB ERA
    And then to top off all of those things, allowing Johnson and Franklin to pitch when we desperately need to prevent Runs.

Apparently Jerry didn't even think we had a remote chance of doing anything coming into tonight (his actions seem to speak that way of course...but sadly I'm sure he did and just thought his moves were good tonight).

Oh, and we can't forget PH with DeWayne Wise in the 6th(he of the .219 BA with 0 BB, 0 HR and 1 RBI on the year in over 30 AB). We only need Runs at that point desperately. No biggie, even though we had on the bench at the time: Harris, LaRue, Hopper, Valentin, Griffey and Castro. As bad as some of them are, pretty much any of them would have been a better choice than Wise.

Gag me please.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Narron will do it for you, he needs another a few years added on to his extension.

Honestly, what is his school of baseball thought? Many like to classify him as old school, and if I was an old school guy, I'd probably throw up a bit in my mouth. Narron is a trendsetter, his usage of cliche sayings and idiotic decisions will lead to the third main school of baseball thought (they are working on the name by randomly opening up the dictionary and selecting the first word they see, similar to Jerry's lineup construction.)

MLB ERA
    We can officially close the book on this pathetic season.

This franchise has no clue. We still can't get big hits when needed and still need pitching.

Terrible.

Why am I not at all surprised to see a Triple and an error leading to a Run? The number of boneheaded plays by this team compared to others is astounding.

MLB ERA
    Reyes is having a sparkling clutch start for the Cards tonight.

Impressive.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Reyes is a top prospect so it's not a shocker, we'll have fun dealing with him for quite some time. I am hoping the Cards pull through so Pujols can have a better shot at the MVP (given the way they vote.)

MLB ERA
    11 Hits and 6 BB in 8 IP and we have managed to score 2 Runs.

This team's clutch hitting is so putrid.

MLB ERA
    Ramirez with an inside the park HR to make this game even more laughable. Between Narron giving us an automatic disadvantage with his horrendous moves to this. Sums up the season quite well.

Meanwhile, the Astros are tied with the Pirates in the 9th now. Their players continue to come through with clutch offensive performances.

Now Majewski is in to pitch. Maybe Jerry wants the Marlins to score double figures tonight?

MLB ERA
    The one piece of good news is Denorfia appears to be showing some of his skills at the plate lately.

I still like him and his approach at the plate.

And I still see his defense being as good as it was when I have seen him live at GABP. Great range and closing speed out there. Very quick in general.