Thread: Indians interested in Randa but the Reds acting like they want to keep him?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Indians interested in Randa but the Reds acting like they want to keep him?

The Indians are looking at some third-base options. They have talked to Cincinnati about Joe Randa, but the Reds seem to want to keep the 35-year-old veteran who is hitting .302 with 12 home runs and 45 RBI. His career average is .286. But if the Reds keep losing, this might change because the Indians do have some prospects to trade.
    Click here for the article (registration required)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What?!? The Indians have a great farm, if they want him the Reds need to talk trade. I mean, these teams will find other options at 3B. I hate this 'play hard to get' BS. You don't want to act desperate but then again you don't want to turn teams away.

MLB ERA
    As much as I like Randa, I'd be rather pissed off if he isn't gone by the deadline. He's got too much trade value to keep around.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man! DanO better not screw this up! I cannot believe that a deal has not already happened with the Indians having some nice pitching prospects and Randa having to leave to clear room for EdE. We just read an article the other day with Randa knowing he was a stop gap for EdE. Randa is even openly telling EdE that he knows he will be dealt, so Randa is showing EdE the ropes.

I think this has to be another one of DanO's plans to make the return be much more. If it works, then I am fine with it. But if he makes the Indians look elsewhere, then once again he shows he is not a good GM. Please get rid of DanO!

[QUOTE=redsrbetter]Man! DanO better not screw this up! We just read an article the other day with Randa knowing he was a stop gap for EdE. Randa is even openly telling EdE that he knows he will be dealt, so Randa is showing EdE the ropes.
    QUOTE]

What they should have done is leave EdE up with the club to learn as much as possible from Randa. I still detest the move to bring Machado back and return EdE back to Louisville. He cannot learn much from Randa playing in KY.

Fire DanO first and let someone who knows baseball call Cleveland to work the deal. Like it has been said, "Don't screw this up DanO!!!"