Thread: Thursday day game: Cards/Reds - 12:35 pm

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Thursday day game: Cards/Reds - 12:35 pm

Felipe Lopez is in the lineup! Will he haunt his former team? Brad Penny! Bronson Arroyo! Baseball! Next!

Cardinals
    Schumaker 2B
    Ryan SS
    Pujols 1B
    Holliday LF
    Rasmus CF
    Lopez 3B
    Craig RF
    Larue C
    Penny P

Reds
    Stubbs CF
    Cabrera SS
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Rolen 3B
    Bruce RF
    Gomes LF
    Hanigan C
    Arroyo P

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Thursday day game: Cards/Reds - 12:35 pm

We've got to get this one. I really didn't expect us to win either of the first two games. Yet we were still in it if not for the bullpen garbage. I am hoping to see Gomes turn around from his poor performance at the plate yesterday and really want to see this bullpen get things together. Perhaps Arroyo can go deep in this one and get to the 8th inning at least so Rhodes and Coco can do their thing.

Come on Reds, lets get a win!

AAA ERA

Johnny Gomes!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That was sick huh guys? Freakin unbelievably well pitched game by Arroyo. I could only listen to it, but he really did a great job. Only 4 hits for the Cards today! He did give up 3 walks though and should get that number down, but he controlled this game beautifully. We needed this one and we got it! Bullpen didn't hurt us today thanks to the only arm Dusty used in Coco who got two Ks in his inning of work. Arroyo did just as I wanted and went deep into the game. Gomes did just as I wanted and turned it around from yesterday, and in a very big way.

MVP: Arroyo (even got it done with the bat)
    Bum: Rolen

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Apparently Arroyo got hurt from a comebacker off Colby Rasmus' bat in the second inning. He sure looked good pitching through that though.

"It's not real good, man. I've been hit a lot harder, but in other places they haven't hurt as much," Arroyo said. "It got me right in the belly of the calf, so it's got my foot locked up, it doesn't want to move. It feels like a charley horse cramp, but as the game went on, it got tighter and tighter. It may have helped my changeup today, I threw a lot of them and I couldn't really get after it. I probably had a shorter stride and it took some speed off the changeup. I made it through the game, I don't know how the next few days are going to be."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Very nice game by Arroyo, we really need a starter to take us deep into a game so we could finally see what the backend of the bullpen could do (in the right situation.) Hopefully his injury doesn't slideline him too long, we have a lot of question marks in the rotation with Leake and Bailey, and it would be real nice if he could carry over his dominant second half finish to the 2009 season.