Thread: Rosenthal suggests for how the Reds could rid themselves of Milton

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rosenthal suggests for how the Reds could rid themselves of Milton

Here's how the Reds can trade beleaguered left-hander Eric Milton: By offering to pay half of his remaining salary to a team that plays in a pitcher-friendly park. The Nationals, Giants or Tigers might be willing to take a chance on Milton if they were paying him $4.25 million per season instead of $8.5 million. ...
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3720056

i guess it would depend on what we got in return, it would suck to have to pay milton to be decent for someone else.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

You likely wouldn't get anything good back, we had to take on Charles Johnson to rid ourselves of Byung-Hyun (and also some other prospect or two, nothing big), and Byung-Hyun has both a higher ceiling and less of a salary.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

i would give milton away. he sucks and will never be a good pitcher again, imo.

I think Milton could be more successful out of the pen if he threw harder, or didn't have to go through the lineup more than once. I'd rather grossly overpay for a reliever for our team, than pay 4.25 mil to have him pitch somewhere else, where he probably would be more effective (if it was a pitchers park), if we got nothing in return. I wouldn't give him away until we are absolutly sure that we can't do anything with him. And we have this whole season to makes sure of that, since we have no shot at contending anyway.

If the reds could get a prospect who projects to the majors somewhere, especially a pitcher, i'd pick up half of Milton's salary. Like the guy we traded for Ortiz. He wasn't anything special, and has been a bust for the angels, but i'd take a guy like that for half of Milton's salary at this point. A future #4 starter or middle reliever.

Also, I wouldn't say BK has a higher ceiling at this point, though he does have a lower salary.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

What does Milton have on Kim? Kim's younger, cheaper, and he his peak so far has been higher than Milton's, although comparing SP an RP is unfair.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    i think Milton could be better somewhere else.. i think the curse of the GABP Home run sightings that we saw might have made him to lose his confidence some. but i dont think he is washed up just yet. o well though if we can get something good for him ( doubting it) then i say pay half and get him on the next plane out of here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    remember last year? Everyone called GABP a HR haven for the first half. Then, somehow it fell off as just a normal park. Could be a helpful deal for Milton the second half.

MLB ERA
    No it won't. The park is a big homer environment for a big homer pitcher. He did well in Minnesota because the dome kills homers. The best you can hope for is that he's insured and somehow his brakes "malfunction."
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.