Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea

Reds Trade idea

Braves send C Johnny Estrada and P Horacio Ramirez to the Reds for OF Adam Dunn.

??

Don't hurt me...
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

HELL NO

Ramirez sucks and LaRue is better than Estrada

Ramirez does not suck; LaRue has nothing on Estrada.

you gotta be kiddin me

Ramirez is horrible. 5.05 era, 28 walks to 26 strikeouts, 14 HR, 90 hits, 82 IP. That is terrible. more walks than K's!!!!

Estrada .722 ops
    LaRue .775 ops

Take that and stuff it.

You think those two players are worth a guy who will hit 40-50 Hrs every year?

Adam Dunn is well on his way to eventually joining the 500 HR club. You think a 500 HR guy is worth a pitcher with a 5 + ERA and a mediocre catcher? Would you trade Andrew Jones for LaRue and a pitcher with a 5 ERA?

Okay, okay..it's not like that trade just happened...don't eat me...

How about Anthony Lerew (P) and P Roman Colon for Austin Kearns?

MLB ERA
    Hell no. I don't want Kearns if I have to give up Colon. Kearns is a bum, and we already have Kelly Johnson, Andruw Jones, and Franceour for the future. **** Kearns. I wouldn't mind the Dunn trade, but the Atlanta brass really likes Ramirez.. alot. Cox still believes he is a top of the rotation starter once he reaches his prime. I take Bobby Cox's professional opinion over your guys' opinion any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Another thing is if we got Adam Dunn, we would have to find a way to get the Cincinnati out of him. I'm not sure if he knows how to win, or even what winning is.

yeah, he has no idea how to win...... hitting 45-50 homers has nothing to do with winning. That is so crazy you sound like a Yankee fan.

MLB ERA
    That was uncalled for, and cold. I am hurt.

MLB ERA
    I'm sure Dunn will do better in a place that boasts so many World Series rings.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    There's more to the game than hitting home runs. It seems your GM has yet to figure that out.

Here's a hint: PITCHING, DEFENSE, CHEMISTRY, SMALL BALL

hmmmm........so, you want a gold glover in the OF v. one the best hitters in the game? Yes, we are all aware pitching wins. Just like we are all aware the braves like the yankees can spend the cash to do so.

MLB ERA
    It has to be a fair trade. We shouldn't trade one of the best offensive players in the game unless we get a fair return. Dunn plays in almost every single game. One starter is just a piece of the puzzle. We deserve to get at least one great one and a great prospect in return for someone like Dunn.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I think you are going to find that most teams value a top of the rotation starter over a slugger, most of the time.

yes...... dunn 4.6 million..... hampton 13.5 million. But, I do agree that pitching is more important than hitting. But most teams dont feel that way......the highest paid players are the everyday player....including your braves and the vastly overpaid Chipper Jones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast