Thread: What the Fultz?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reds What the Fultz?

The Reds have reportedly signed left-hander Aaron Fultz to a minor league deal.
    Fultz had a 2.92 ERA in 37 innings for the Indians in 2007, but a terrible spring got him cut before 2008 ever started and he never pitched in the majors last season. The Reds would have to carry three left-handers for him to make the team, as Bill Bray and Arthur Rhodes should be guaranteed spots.
    Like I said about the Royals, a team can never have too much pitching.

MLB ERA

Re: What the Fultz?

Every team brings in Old farts in hopes of milking one good year out of an arm. Only way he's an option is if we have 10 injuries and are desperate for anyone with an arm to throw.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Every team brings in Old farts in hopes of milking one good year out of an arm. Only way he's an option is if we have 10 injuries and are desperate for anyone with an arm to throw.
    If you honestly believe with Jocketty and Baker at the helm, both lovin' a good old rehab project, that they would prefer to use up an option on a young arm who will be with the team (possibly) for years instead of using a guy with not much time left in the game, you don't know the Reds.

Unless he is bombed in ST/AAA, he'll be one of our first go to guys in the minors.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    If you honestly believe with Jocketty and Baker at the helm, both lovin' a good old rehab project, that they would prefer to use up an option on a young arm who will be with the team (possibly) for years instead of using a guy with not much time left in the game, you don't know the Reds.

Unless he is bombed in ST/AAA, he'll be one of our first go to guys in the minors.
    Thats what I fully expect to happen with Fultz. Plus with the "incumbants" that are returning from the past season in the pen theres not going to be room unless Arthur Rhodes retires or a few guys get hurt. They arent going to eat the aaa roster spot on a 35 yr old. So he's either spectacular and gets in the pen due to circumstances or he gets a few innings in Spring Training and gets cut.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes