Thread: Duh? Really? You think so?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Humor Duh? Really? You think so?

ESPN - Cincinnati Reds won't increase ticket prices for next season

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds have decided fans have suffered enough, so the team isn't raising ticket prices for the 2009 season.

The club had a disappointing 74-88 season in 2008, and spokeswoman Karen Forgus said Reds chief executive Bob Castellini felt strongly that ticket costs shouldn't go up even one dollar, given the way the team played.

The last time the Reds held the line on prices was in 2005.
    so wait, ticket prices were raised in 2006, 2007, and 2008? And they were considering raising them again?

I mean, I know they're not the Nationals, but c'mon.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Duh? Really? You think so?

The sad thing is, the Reds will eventually screw themselves with this. Reds fans are apathetic and tired of losing. They will not go to the ballpark in the kind of numbers that other fans of losing teams (some losing teams anyway) would. When the Reds do produce a winner, which might be soon, interest will rise and the ballpark will be packed. The Reds will then jack up the prices of course the next season and given the fickle nature of the Reds ever making hope last for long, should they return to losing ways, those attendance figures would just plummet.

Plus in general, all teams should hold off on ticket price increases given the economy.

MLB ERA

Re: Duh? Really? You think so?

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Plus in general, all teams should hold off on ticket price increases given the economy.
    Agreed. I believe I read a story saying that both the Mets and Yankees were reconsidering their ticket rates, even with brand new stadiums to pay for, because if the rates are too high, regardless of success, you won't be able to fill a stadium, at least not with the economy the way it is now. It's unfortunate that the economy of the nation has reached all the way to affecting baseball, but it's the truth.