Thread: Rejoice is heard throughout Ohio, Patterson will not return to Cincy

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Player Rejoice is heard throughout Ohio, Patterson will not return to Cincy

CINCINNATI -- Corey Patterson's return to the Reds in 2009 already seemed unlikely as this season closed. Now, it's official.

Patterson, one of nine Reds headed to free agency, won't be re-signed by the club.

"I don't think he'll be back," Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said. "We'll turn the page."
    Dusty is likely to become an alcoholic or an addict to something because he will be going cold turkey on his starting lineup fix of Corey Patterson. Neifi Perez (speaking of addicts) is without employment though.... look for him to be given at least an invite to spring training I would guess knowing our luck.

Also, this was an interesting tidbit:
    Expect the club to make serious efforts to bring back reliever David Weathers and utility player Jerry Hairston Jr.
    I am fine with both coming back. Weathers doesn't have much left in the tank but he gets the job done and if he came dirt cheap, I wouldn't mind taking the risk. Hairston, if paid to what we can truly expect of him and not the flashes of brilliance we saw, I wouldn't mind either.

Jocketty: Reds won't re-sign Patterson | reds.com: News

MLB ERA

Re: Rejoice is heard throughout Ohio, Patterson will not return to Cincy

every time they show a houston/reds game on tv here, everytime weathers comes up you hear the crack of thunder and a graphic "stormy weathers". he comes up and its like how we were when graves came in.

of course cordero, torwards the end of the season, got the same way as ole grave digger.

i'm friggin glad patterson won't be back. that was a horrible mistake. he did nothing for the team and should have not been up in the first place. he was a good defensive replacement, thats about it. un manos de oros, si usted desea.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Patterson was fine as a defensive replacement. Of course Dusty didn't want to use him that way. This sadly should have happened halfway through the season.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yep. A team with a free roster spot wouldn't be crazy to pick him up as a 5th OF for his defensive offerings. Patterson available for Dusty's use however was like handing a suicidal person a gun.