Thread: Bronson Arroyo Is Full of Himself

C you there
    MLB ERA

Player Bronson Arroyo Is Full of Himself

Bronson Arroyo Is Full of Himself

by Pat Lackey

http://www.youtube.com/v/iTQpX--WRz0&hl=en&fs=1

With the trade deadline looming, just about every player on a bad team is rumored to be on the market. Some players are OK with that. Others aren't. Bronson Arroyo is one of the ones that falls in the latter category. Today he had this to say:
    "I'd really be disappointed if they made a trade for me," Arroyo said. "I feel like honestly - if you trade me - you're going ahead and saying we're not going to build a winning team here. Of the four starters who have been here all year, I think all of us have a chance to pitch here for a long time, health-wise and age-wise. If you go ahead and trade me out now, you're cashing in the money for a losing team."
    Let me get this straight ... trading an average, 31-year-old pitcher with a big salary that loves to make crappy commercials (see above) for potential prospects to help out the corps of exciting young players you already have is cashing in the money for a losing team? Jay Bruce, Edinson Volquez, Johnny Cueto, and Joey Votto are the future of the Reds. Bronson Arroyo is not. If I were the Reds, I'd be paying another team to take him, his big mouth, and his crappy guitar skills off of my hands.

MLB ERA

Re: Bronson Arroyo Is Full of Himself

Yankees could use Arroyo
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Arroyo wasn't going to fetch much. And he feels that he is a guy who can be part of a supporting staff for a winning team. He's done it before. I agree that they would not have been making the right move trading him unless they got something meaningful in return, and they were never going to get enough to make the deal worthwhile.

C you there
    MLB ERA

just let me know the moment we get rid of this one year blunder