Thread: Just a thought

MLB ERA

Just a thought

Would anyone think (with Ed E near ready or is ready for MLB) we could pull a deal with the Braves for Randa? Jones is done for maybe two months and their offense is pretty anemic anyways. Plus it would give them a solid bat off the bench once Jones comes back (and if Jones plays 3b).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    As I told you in our IM, I think that would be a great move/fit for both teams if they can come up with something good to give us for Randa.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good idea. Only question is what could we get out of the Braves? Their GM is one of the best in the game so I worry about O'Brien being hosed bigtime.

MLB ERA
    It would seem to be an excellent fit for both if the Reds fire O'Brien very soon.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ah, now that sounds better. Randa is going to have some pretty nice value I believe. Great glove, hot bat and a VALUABLE veteran presence. Hopefully the Reds won't mess it up since he will likely be in demand.

MLB ERA
    Randa right now:

.299/.377/.869, 8 HR, 35 RBI(on pace for 22 HR, 96 RBI)

He also has 35.6 Runs Created, which places him second on the team behind Dunn. He has 6.67 RC/27, which places him 4th on the team for those with enough qualifying AB(behind Dunn, Lopez and Freel). He has a .979 Fielding Percentage and a .779 Zone Rating.(For those wondering what it is:"STATS began tracking Zone Rating (ZR) as, essentially, the total number of outs per balls in a fielder?s "area of responsibility" (i.e., zone)"

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Randa right now:

.299/.377/.869, 8 HR, 35 RBI(on pace for 22 HR, 96 RBI)

and a .779 Zone Rating.(For those wondering what it is:"STATS began tracking Zone Rating (ZR) as, essentially, the total number of outs per balls in a fielder?s "area of responsibility" (i.e., zone)"
    What is average for a 3B?

MLB ERA
    Zone Rating is actually a bit complicated. It includes all balls within the predetermined "zone" for 3B. Sometimes it can be a bit skewed because a player can make a lot of the plays within the "middle" of the zone, but doesn't do so well outside of that area. Randa's rating certainly isn't incredible, but combined with his Fielding Percentage, I'd say he's been "solid" at 3B this year.

It was said on BT that the Braves may have interest in Kearns since they don't really have a right or left fielder.

This probably would never happen, but maybe we could package Milton, Randa, and Kearns plus 3M to the Braves for Ramirez and two of their top pitching prospects.

What would the $3M cover? Knowing the Reds, they will just get more retreads in exchange for not having to pay salary.

MLB ERA
    If I were the Braves, I'd put Marte at third, and keep Jones in the outfield when he comes back. As for the other corner, I'd just wait until Jeff Franceour is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

the braves and the yankees have been interested in Kearns since ST, i expect to see him traded at some point.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford