Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Something is going down right now...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Something is going down right now...

Danget, this OSN blog just won't let it die:

EDIT 3:03 PM: With LHP Erik Bedard hitting the DL, the list of available pitching became even slimmer, potentially affecting the price teams would pay for Arroyo.

OSN has learned that there have been new developments on the Bronson Arroyo trade talks and a few new teams have thrown their hats in the ring.

Philadelphia, along now with Atlanta, both New York teams, and Los Angeles. Trade talks have been intensified but there doesn't seem to be a clear leader at this point.

OSN is also told that the offer from the Phillies is still the one the Reds like the most and could use the leverage from other teams' interest in sweetening the offer from the PhilsMore to come later.
    OhioSportNews

I see no credibility with these guys, but we'll see I guess.

MLB ERA

OSN is stupid. they make shit up all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I don't know about "all the time" because they just started. But yes, I believe they are stupid.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

More from OSN:

In confirmation with what OSN, Ken Madel of MLB.com has confirmed that the Phillies have interest in A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe and Bronson Arroyo.

However, Mandel also confirms that Phillies are linked with interest to Arroyo. This makes him the first mainstream Philadelphia writer to report this link.

This lends credence to what OSN has been told by personnel from Cincinnati as well as league-wide about a potential Philadelphia/Arroyo trade.

Keep linked to OSN for frequent updates. OSN is in the process of a major redesign and anticipates a launch date in the coming days.
    I checked all over the Phillies official site and saw nothing of this from Madel.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I found the Madel article:

The Phillies will turn to Plan B, C and beyond. They have been linked to other starting pitchers, such as Toronto's A.J. Burnett, Seattle's Erik Bedard and Cincinnati's Bronson Arroyo. Gillick said Sunday that he felt Philadelphia will have a chance to make an acquisition, and it was "just a matter of the right pieces."
    Link

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

The Arroyo to the Phils talk should be dead now. They just traded for Blanton.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234