Thread: Weathers and Bako; possibilities for the Marlins?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Marlins Weathers and Bako; possibilities for the Marlins?

mlbtraderumors.com:
    The Marlins are looking to acquire a righthanded reliever and a veteran catcher. Frisaro says indications are that the Fish are "not serious" about Paul Lo Duca.

Possibilities at catcher include Paul Bako, Yorvit Torrealba, and Michael Barrett (in my estimation). Back in November, the Marlins had interest in Torrealba and Barrett.

Possible righty relievers: guys like David Weathers, Chad Bradford, LaTroy Hawkins, and Mike MacDougal.
    Again, I know many of us know that this site does not hold a candle to anything being more than pure speculation. But, they get their info from somewhere. Its just a matter of finding where they get it from.

I wouldn't say this is a rumor but more of a suggestion for us to ponder. I wouldn't want to trade Bako though. He is our best catcher going and the team has a winning record when he starts. Weathers can go though...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Weathers and Bako; possibilities for the Marlins?

This trade I could see. Marlins could use a veteran reliever and a backup catcher. The Marlins have Josh Johnson coming back soon so that will help the rotation. I could also see the Marlins wanting Ryan Freel to play CF.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Weathers and Bako; possibilities for the Marlins?

per John Fay:

I'm told that three scouts were here last night specifically to look at David Weathers. I still think Weathers and Jeremy Affeldt will attrach as much trade talk as anyone on the Reds. Clubs are always looking to upgrade their bullpens. Both Weathers and Affeldt are free agents after the season, making them easy to trade.
    I wonder what team those scouts were reporting to...