Thread: Buster Olney

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Buster Olney

According to Buster Olney this morning on Mike and Mike, He states that the Reds will be hosting a fiesale of the team. Everyone is game accept Griffey who would be impossible to move. Even Eric Milton will be available after June 15th, the first day a new signee can be available. This news saddens me as I wanted to see this team make some noise. I wanna hear what you guys have to say about it.

I think it's going to happen, and it's embarassing when a team has to have to firesales in 3 years. The first one is supposed to be the beginning of getting back on track, and now we're back to square one. I think there will be other players who are off limits though. My guesses for these players are:

Harang
    Felipe
    Wily Mo
    Wagner
    Elizardo
    Romano (as long as DanO is making the deals)

These guys are all cheap and have enough potential to really contribute. There's no reason to deal them, if you deal people, you want to get guys like them. Cheap, young, lots of potential.

That means i expect any or all of these guys to be gone:
    Dunn
    Kearns
    Casey
    Freel (because a contender will give an arm and a leg for him)
    Randa
    Weathers
    Keisler
    Wilson
    Milton
    Ortiz
    Claussen
    Stone
    and any of the rest of the scrubs that we employ if people wanted them.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    from the way John Allen talked yesterday, what buster said is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard.. not that I don't think it SHOULD happen, but that Allen pretty much said word for word that a fire sale isn't in the making.. if he was planning it, he would have curtailed any questioning of it.. instead of flat out saying it wasn't going to happen