Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade market about to open up, says Ken Rosenthal

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Trade market about to open up, says Ken Rosenthal

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...n-for-business

Looks like Dunn and Junior are at the top of the list!
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade market about to open up, says Ken Rosenthal

Boy, I can't wait to trade Dunn below market value. Yeah!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And that's exactly what you're going to get. Dunn has put the Reds in a very difficult position. They can either:

1) Wait until he hits (which I don't think will happen before the trade deadline. Something looks different about him) and then try to trade him, risking that he might test free agency.

2) Deal him now at below market value

3) Re-sign him when we could spend that money upgrading elsewhere.

The Reds are in a lose-lose situation. Plus, the only place Junior is going to go to is Seattle.

My question is, does Dunn still have options? If so, send his overpaid, underproductive butt back to Louisville and bring up Bruce.
    rf28

MLB ERA

what good would Dunn get you in AAA? No one would do that. Never. Not only would it be an awful fan-base move, you'd get nothing for him. I'd say trade him, even if it is below market value. None of the other options get you anything for him whatsoever. if you're going to get rid of him either to AAA, free agency, or trade, why not get rid of him with the option that gets you SOMETHING from it?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would hope that if you demoted him, it would wake him up from his slumber and you can then either move him or keep him. He honestly looks like he's smoking pot or something. There's no fire in him at all.
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Damn, I really hate that asshole Dunn and his .390 OBP.

I am sorry, but to everyone expecting Bruce to be the savior, I can't wait to see the reactions in a few years when he struggles. Obviously Dunn has struggled massively, OBP or not, but the answer is clear. Stick him in the two spot, where he typically has an OPS of +1.000, make good use of his OBP and let him start getting some pitches to hit. If anything a new regime has came in and tried to change Dunn once again (notice that the strikeouts are down?) and he has again regressed as a result, let him find his swing again and become the .940 OPS 40 homerun hitter that so many seemed to have forgotten he was last year at age 27.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

While were at it, why don't we just hit him leadoff? Sure he can get on base, but once he's there, we are a station-to-station team. He's slow, just like Scott Hatteberg. Hatteberg isn't a 2-hole hitter, neither is Dunn.

Here's the thing. Dunn himself said that he wants to hit for average more. Right now, he's not hitting for anything. This team wouldn't have gotten Krivsky fired if the top half of the order had hit the way they were supposed to. All I know is that Dunn isn't worth the $10 million he's making now and he won't be worth the $13-15 million he would command in either a new contract of free agency. And, for the record, Junior isn't worth the $16.5 million option the Reds have on him. Jay Bruce isn't the savior, but he needs to be up with the big club. That won't happen as long as they have Junior and Dunn. And forget about putting him in CF. He doesn't have the range for it.
    rf28

Dunn in the two hole is the logic thing to do right now. Things could get interesting when Gonzo comes back though. A trade of Dunn and moving Kepp or Votto to left might be taken into consideration. Walt is known for bringing in big time players, it would be nice if he could swing us a legit CF for a Dunn package.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

About the only one I want is Sizemore!

I'd trade just about anyone not named Cueto for Sizemore.
    rf28

MLB ERA

I agree that Dunn would be better left in the 2nd spot. Although, if he is traded... you may get more than you think for him. I doubt it's possible to get as much as some Reds fans think he is worth, but I do think Jocketty is able to get the most out of his trades. It's rare that he trades a vet, but he did trade Drew when he only had one year left on his contract. Jocketty knew Drew would want a huge contract, and he wasn't willing to give it to him. So he traded him to Atlanta, and got a nice package for him when most people thought it was impossible to get anything for a player that was always injured. Griffey is different if he will only approve a trade to Seattle. Why would they give up much for him if they can just wait a year or two and let him come to them?

MLB ERA

I'm curious... what do you guys think about some type of Dunn for Sabathia trade with Cleveland?

If they do trade Dunn, it would most certainly be to a AL team. I think the only way to get max value for him is the option of DHing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Why would they give up much for him if they can just wait a year or two and let him come to them?
    I'm not really following here though.

GET NOTICED.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    I'm curious... what do you guys think about some type of Dunn for Sabathia trade with Cleveland?
    I think we passed up on that very offer a year or 2 ago. I would be all for it, I love Sabathia and a fresh start in the N.L. could be dominating.

GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    I'm not really following here though.
    Griffey is a free agent after this year or next year depending on his option...right? If he has stated that the only team he will go to is Seattle, then he will most likely go there once he is a free agent.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    I think we passed up on that very offer a year or 2 ago. I would be all for it, I love Sabathia and a fresh start in the N.L. could be dominating.
    I think this deal would be good for both teams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast