Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Survivor - Round 22

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Survivor - Round 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. S Casey - voted off in round 20
    2. J Randa - voted off in round 21
    3. K Griffey - voted off in round 17
    4. A Dunn
    5. A Kearns - voted off in round 18
    6. D Jimenez - voted off in round 8
    7. J LaRue - voted off in round 11
    8. R Freel
    9. F Lopez
    10. J Valentin - voted off in round 1
    11. J Cruz - voted off in round 2
    12. A Harang
    13. P Wilson - voted off in round 4
    14.. E Milton - voted off in round 3
    15. B Claussen - voted off in round 10
    16. M Belisle - voted off in round 7
    17. R Ortiz - voted off in round 15
    18. W Bergolla - voted off in round 9
    19. T Coffey - voted off in round 5
    20. D Graves - voted off in round 6
    21. K Mercker - voted off in round 16
    22. E Ramirez - voted off in round 13
    23. R Wagner - voted off in round 19
    24. R Stone - voted off in round 12
    25. D Weathers - voted off in round 14

MLB ERA
    This is an incredibly tough vote this time.

However, I am going to have to go with LOPEZ.

He hasn't done much wrong, but I was trying to decide between him and Freel, and here is how they stack up:

OBP:

Freel--.425
    Lopez--.352

OPS:
    Freel--.889
    Lopez--.907

Runs Created:
    Freel- 27.9
    Lopez- 28.4

Runs Created per 27 Outs(If the team was built of 9 players with that player's stats and batted during every AB throughout the game, the number of runs created):
    Freel: 6.90
    Lopez: 7.09

Batting Average:
    Freel :.314
    Lopez: .295

The reason I'm voting Lopez off over Freel is because:
    I think Freel fits a team need that NO ONE else on the roster(or in baseball to speak of) does, in leading off, getting on base and stealing bases

Also, Freel can play multiple positions and has played them all very effectively.

This was an extremely tough decision, but it's the one I'm making.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This is where it gets real crazy!

I am going with Dunn. He is a great player and made it to the top 4, but it is his turn IMO. This is a tough choice, but I have to base mine on what I see from these last few days. Freel and Lopez are just setting the table nicely, winning starting jobs, and impressing the heck out of everyone. Harang is a huge surprise and is the team ace. So, Dunn is the superstar, but has not been as highlited as Freel and Lopez.

Dunn

AA ERA
    This is really hard for me as well. But I think I am going to have to go with Freel. I am kinda a OPS kinda guy. Dunns speaks for its self and I have been really surprised how well FeLo SLG has been this year. That is really why I have to go with Freel. Its hard to say that since Freel OBP has been so good. But I just cant vote for Felipe since this time last year most of us still thought that he wouldnt be a factor. But thats also hard to vote Freel since he shows up every day. But my vote is final, I probably didnt explain it very well since I am saying the same stuff over and over again, but it is final. Ryan Freel.

I am going with Freel.

This vote is more on a personal level than a playing level.

Some of his comments and off the field activities have been unexceptable in my book.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Im going to go with Lopez... that is going to be a tough vote.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    Home Runs are nice, but the guy gets all his RBI's on HR's practically.. I would like him to be more of an all around player... If he could pull his average up, bring his walks down, He would be one of the best players in baseball.. but he still hasn't done these things.. You can't be productive if the guys in front of you don't get on.. well Freel and Lopez do their job for sure, but Adam Dunn while he does drive in runs.. still isn't doing everything he is capable of doing.. until that point.. I don't think he is better then our two best Offensive players right now... and looking at how this is going down.. I can't belive it, but a guy whos guts I hated before the season started, is probably my favorite position player on the current 25 man roster... but anyway.. my vote is

ADAM DUNN

AA ERA
    I think its fairly safe to say that Harang is going to win this one. So far he is the only one left without a vote.

AA ERA
    my vote is dunn. the little guys are getting it done in the infield. Dunn has 2 homeruns in the last 10 games. thats what Dunn is. HR's. he also has 12 K's in around 33 AB's i don't see why he is still on here. As we speak he isnt producing anything so def have to go to Dunn but next to go would be FeLo

i have to go for dunn as well and here is why.

OPS is a good stat, but it isn't everything. Two players with the same OPS aren't the same hitter, one is probably more productive than the other. Take Pujols and Dunn. They have almost the same OPS, but who would you rather have? Pujols has 15 more rbi and 4 more runs already, which is like 50 rbi and 15 runs over the course of the season. So if you follow that logic, it would stand to reason that A player with a lower OPS could be better than an unproductive high OPS guy.

Despite having a lower OPS, if felipe had played in the same number of games that dunn has, he would have 10 hrs, 18 2b, 35 r, and 32 rbi. I'll take that over adam dunn (14 hr, 11 2b, 33 r, 27 rbi) every day of the week. Dunn has officially gone to far down the walk/HR route IMO. He's just not that productive. I'd rather have felipe up there these days, or freel. So dunn has to go.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Wow, one of the best players in baseball is going to be voted off the Island. I hope some from another forum don't catch wind of this or they certainly won't want to post here.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

AA ERA
    i know he is one of the best in the league. But to be a survivor he has to do something to help this team out. As of 6/2 he isn't right now. its that simple

MLB ERA
    We're talking about the worst player here, so it's really not that simple.

Dunn is one of the best players in baseball right now, as evidenced by his 40.5 Runs Created. Runs Created has been proven as going back to actual Runs scored almost 100 percent of the time. Just for informational purposes, the next highest Runs Created total on the team comes from Griffey(even though his RC/27 isn't as high)

AAA ERA
    dunn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast