Thread: Cordero and Dusty believe there is more to come

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Cordero and Dusty believe there is more to come

Cordero:

"I believe they're going to do something else, go out and get someone else," Cordero said. "They want to put a winning team together. It's going to be fun and interesting."
    And

New manager Dusty Baker also alluded to more movement in a conference call with reporters after the announcement of Cordero's signing.

This definitely sounds like Krivsky pursuaded Cordero to sign with the Reds noting that he would build a championship caliber team and it started with him. I am very interested...

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Re: Cordero and Dusty believe there is more to come

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Cordero:

And

This definitely sounds like Krivsky pursuaded Cordero to sign with the Reds noting that he would build a championship caliber team and it started with him. I am very interested...
    Now did I not tell you to not get down, he had a plan. this is all great news and with all the chatter about our interest in pitching I say we will likely make a deal.

My choice is Joe Blanton who fit's us to a tee, and wouldn't cost us the farm to get him. Even if I had to part with either Bailey or Cueto and Votto I would be happy about it.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.