Harang recovered

Aaron Harang's return to the rotation most likely will be Monday in Houston when the club opens a six-game trip against the Astros and Colorado.

It also is Roger Clemens' turn to pitch, but the Houston right-hander with the best ERA among major-league starters (1.19) is nursing a tight groin and probably won't make it.

Harang missed his Wednesday turn when he went to bed Tuesday with the cold sweats, then couldn't keep food down Wednesday.

"I felt better when I got to the park, but when I got up to walk, I was wobbly and dizzy and knew I couldn't pitch."

He says he is fully recovered. He did some running and cardiovascular work before Friday's game and will throw off a mound today.

Kudos for Kearns

In a book by Chicago writer Gene Wojciechowski entitled Cubs Nation, Cubs General Manager Jim Hendry is quoted during a Reds-Cubs game as saying, "There's Austin Kearns, the best player in the majors who is having a bad season."

Said Kearns, "That's nice to hear. I know when the Cubs traded Sammy Sosa last winter I got a lot of calls from the Chicago media telling me the Cubs wanted to get me."

And that isn't the only team.

"The first thing Jim Bowden (Washington Nationals interim general manager) said to me and Adam Dunn was, 'I'd sure like to get you guys on my team. I've tried and I'm trying.' "

Casey ready

Sean Casey, idled two games with a bruised left rotator cuff, took three rounds of batting practice before Friday's game and pronounced himself, "Ready to play."

Miley decided to hold him back one more game, although he said Casey was available to pinch-hit.

When he hurt the shoulder in a collision with Washington's Jose Guillen, Casey had hit 12-for-20 in his past six games (.600) with a home run and four RBIs.

"Isn't that always the way?" Casey said. "But let's hope I'll pick it right back up ... slap on the helmet and jump back on the bicycle."

Phils not interested

As big as the demolition project that is the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen, General Manager Ed Wade says he has zero interest in acquiring Danny Graves.

"It's not something we will pursue," Wade said. "Scouts who have seen him recently see the same things that Cincinnati has seen."

The Chicago Cubs, Florida Marlins and Washington Nationals, among others, might see the same things, but might be willing to see if they can fix him.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/reds/daily/0528redsnotes.html?UrAuth=`N\NUOaN\UbTTUWUXUTUZTZU ^UWU_UVUZU`U]UcTYWYWZV