Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buster Olney on ESPN...

MLB ERA

Buster Olney on ESPN...

Says a Reds executive said the Reds are willing to trade/move anyone, including Milton. Sounds like the team might not be satisfied with their ineptitiude after all.

He even included Dunn as being talked about by the team. It sounds like O'Brien is busy on the phone with MANY teams.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    firesale?
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Trading Dunn would be such a total mistake. I really dont care if we got an ace back. Short of a Jake Peavy or Johan Santana I wouldnt trade Dunn, and that's not going to happen. Trade any and all contracts you can, sign Dunn to a LTC and invest the rest in the draft to build our pitching.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The sad thing is with O'Brien in charge, he could set this team back YEARS.

MLB ERA
    I hope he's fired before any of these moves happen.

I seriously think if he isn't fired within the next month or two, he could trade Kearns/Dunn/Pena for three Zach Day's.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh crap here we go! Now my heart is really beating. Especially when we never know what to expect from DanO. Keep us posted and everybody keep your eyes open and ears clean.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I got a bad feeling about this. I think O'Brien is going to make quick-fix moves that will blow up in his face. He only signed a 3 year deal, right? If so, I'd start to panic if I was him.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep CRF, I see the Zach Days coming now too. Plenty of veteran players as well.

MLB ERA
    I'm sure he'll trade Dunn/Kearns/Pena for more players like Aurilia, because we all know about his veteran presence. That presence brings SO much more than Dunn's OBP/OPS/Runs Created/HR/RBI or anything else possibly could.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    If it is a firesale we better hang on to Dunn, Lopez, Freel, Pena, Wagner.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Trade Casey, Griffey, Randa and Milton.... even though the first three have produced that needs to be the focus. With Dunn, FeLo, Pena, Kearns, Freel and Ed E in the wings you got the potential for a dynamite offense, DONT RUIN IT. I love the three vets listed (trading Milton is a pipedream) but we need to build for the future. This team won't compete with the Cards even if tweaked. We have a hard enough time playing the Pirates and Brew Crew.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You may be right CRF. DanO just recently was interviewed and was asked about Aurilia and his position on the team. Whether or not he would start. And DanO is still not sure!?! Its ludicrous to be unsure of this. He said that Lopez has earned the opportunity to get regular ABs this season whether it is at 2B or SS. This means Aurilia could start over Freel!?! I really do not trust this man.

RedsFan4Life also shared the thought about Romano being called up. Another DanO pet as we all have expressed our concern about in the past. getting okd and I do not trust this situation much at all.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Trade Casey, Griffey, Randa and Milton.... even though the first three have produced that needs to be the focus. With Dunn, FeLo, Pena, Kearns, Freel and Ed E in the wings you got the potential for a dynamite offense, DONT RUIN IT. I love the three vets listed (trading Milton is a pipedream) but we need to build for the future. This team won't compete with the Cards even if tweaked. We have a hard enough time playing the Pirates and Brew Crew.

I completely agree.

Our offense could be quite amazing next year, even AFTER moving those players you mention we should move. Our bullpen could even be decent with just a few players added before next offseason. Our pitching would probably have a lot of youngsters who might not produce in it right away next year, but I'd rather have that over no future hope. We would probably be an mediocre at best team next year, but the year after that and especially the year after that, we could seriously compete if we traded Casey/Randa, etc. for the right players.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    You may be right CRF. DanO just recently was interviewed and was asked about Aurilia and his position on the team. Whether or not he would start. And DanO is still not sure!?! Its ludicrous to be unsure of this. He said that Lopez has earned the opportunity to get regular ABs this season whether it is at 2B or SS. This means Aurilia could start over Freel!?! I really do not trust this man.

RedsFan4Life also shared the thought about Romano being called up. Another DanO pet as we all have expressed our concern about in the past. getting okd and I do not trust this situation much at all.
    I saw that, and it is just disgusting. If Aurilia really takes a lot of PT away from Freel and his .440 OBP, I seriously may think of not watching the team for the rest of the season. That would be a new low, even for O'Brien.

MLB ERA
    Some individuals continue to underplay this situation as being something that will not really come to fruition, but based on gut instincts and several chats with insiders, I have come to the conclusion that the above thought is not accurate.

I think the team is not only going to release more players within the next couple of months, but I think they will be making a lot of trades too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast