Thread: Reds Promote Lhp Randy Keisler

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Promote Lhp Randy Keisler

REDS PROMOTE LHP RANDY KEISLER

RHP Danny Graves Designated For Assignment

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds today selected from Class AAA Louisville the contract of LHP Randy Keisler and designated for assignment RHP Danny Graves.

Keisler will be in uniform number 57 for tonight’s 7:10 p.m. game against the Washington Nationals.

Keisler, 29, has spent the entire season at Louisville and went 3-2 with a 2.98 ERA and 1 save in 9 appearances, including 7 starts. He held opponents to a .235 batting average (48.1ip, 43h, 17r, 16er, 12bb, 41k, 6hr). He last pitched Friday at Buffalo, started and suffered the 4-2 Bats loss (6.2ip, 5h, 4er, 3bb, 3k, 1hr).

Keisler was named International League Pitcher of the Week for April 18-24 after going 1-0 with a 1.74 ERA in 2 starts (10.1ip, 10h, 2r, 2er, 5bb, 13k).

Graves, 31, this season for the Reds went 1-1 with a 7.76 ERA and 10 saves in 20 relief appearances. He posted an ERA of 11.00 in 10 appearances in May, including a 30.38 ERA in his last 3 games.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

so he's starting now? I thought keisler was a reliever.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    he was probably starting in AAA, i don't see room for him to start for us, i would expect BP for him and wagner will now get his chance to close

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think this was the best pitcher they could have called up. Hopefully he surprises us and bids better than Stone has. If he does well, he may lock himself up in the Reds bullpen for quite sometime. Its time to get a pleasant surprise these days. I think we are due for that.

MLB ERA
    He had some electric stuff at LSU, but he has always had control problems, so I was suprised when I saw he only had 12 BB's this year. He has a ton of talent, but shoulder surgery early in his carrer has really held him back. I hope he does well, the last high-profile LSU guy to play for you guys didn't work out so well.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah Larson sucked for us and we had huge expectations. Thanks for the thoughts on Keisler's college days. He has been good since ST and thats when we all really took notice. I hope he does something to raise our eyebrows.

I was thinking Steve Kelly would be the one promoted. We are still rolling with 13 pitchers though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My only guess as to why Kelly isn't being promoted is because I imagine they want to let him keep starting since he is the younger of him and Keisler. Kelly is sure doing nicely down in AAA though.

BTW, welcome to the forums! If you need anything, just PM me bro.

Thanks, NFLman keeps talking about them so I thought I would head over.

I think something is wrong with Wilson. They should put him on the DL. I haven't been able to really follow the Reds the past few days. So if something is wrong they should DL Wilson and have Kelly come up and start. Their are to many good young players in AAA that aren't being brought up. Instead of bringing up EE or Kenny Kelly they bring up Luis Lopez.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think Wilson is hurt for sure. He really had his control refined last year which lead to his success, but jeez.... it looks like he really has forgotten how to pitch. This isn't a guy who can rely on his stuff, heater, whatever.... he needs his control. Hopefully they'll retroactive DL him and he can work on whatever he needs to. Has anyone heard if he has visited Dr. K let?

Thanks for demoting Graves, the Reds are giving the Cubs ideas of getting a 'closer' .
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to have our big bats face Graves. You guys had your turn doing that for QUITE some time.

I just hope they play in Cincy. I will be going to a few of those games that he is here. Then we won't have to hear him complain his own fans booing him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It would be great to see Graves in a city like Philly, they would really give him hell. Maybe then he would appreciate Cincy a bit more.