Thread: Mackannin = ....

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mackannin = ....

Connie Mack, John McGraw, and Sparky Anderson. Krivsky was more or less comparing Mack to that class of managers. I was reading that way early this morning, DDN, and it was a quote from Krivsky. Maybe I am remembering it out of context (so correct me if that was the case) but to call a guy who is 51 and with his kind of experience into comparisons (at least in persona, potential) to the three men above was one of the most ludicrous things I've read in awhile. Who knows, he very well could be, but call it the disgruntled fan inside me or whatever, but I am predicting another either borderline talent at manager or worse that will get the interim tag removed and will instead get a permanent parking spot at GABP, with the name sprayed on the curb.

Edit, it's worse than what I even remembered:
    General manager Wayne Krivsky said the team will search for a full-time manager, but made certain everybody knew Mackanin is a candidate for full-time employment and talked about him as a combination of Connie Mack/John McGraw/Sparky Anderson.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Mackannin = ....

To be honest, I care very little how good or bad Mackanin is. I truly hope he sucks. But the biggest concern here is that Krivsky has got to focus on getting a big time manager that can bring his own thoughts to the game and shake things up.

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Re: Mackannin = ....

Just let him babysit the team for a few months and let's find us a kick-ass manager.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.