Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perrlozo gone; Narron next?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Perrlozo gone; Narron next?

Reds fans:

There is no way Narron will get fired. Who is out there that would want the job? The Reds team at best is an average team. No true leader, no true ace starting pitcher just to name a few things. Look at Baltimore they interviewed the ex Florida coach and he turned it down, why bad team. I am sure he would have made alot of money but he wanted to call the Yankee games.

This is what needs to happen.

1. Team needs to win games.
    2. Pitching must get better. Thanks for taking that SOB Lohse from the Twins!
    3. Dunn,Griffey jr, Hamilton need to get hot and carry the team for awhile.
    4. Find a catcher that can hit for average and get on base.
    5. Hope Bailey turns into an ace starting pitcher.

If these things don't happen Fire Narron! Trade Dunn and Griffey Jr. Dunn is a guy that would get a lot for you in return. Griffey honestly should go to an AL team. I would love to get him in Minnesota, he could dh every day and spell hunter or cuddyer in the outfield.

I have spent several years as a Twins fan with bad teams and bad years. Think about your best young starting pitcher Liriano hurt because the coaching staff and doctors had there heads so far the ass's that the injury almost took a year to figure out. But anyways, you have some nice players to build around, just keep building the club and get rid of the guys that are not helping your team out.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Reds fans:

There is no way Narron will get fired. Who is out there that would want the job? The Reds team at best is an average team. No true leader, no true ace starting pitcher just to name a few things. Look at Baltimore they interviewed the ex Florida coach and he turned it down, why bad team. I am sure he would have made alot of money but he wanted to call the Yankee games.

This is what needs to happen.

1. Team needs to win games.
    2. Pitching must get better. Thanks for taking that SOB Lohse from the Twins!
    3. Dunn,Griffey jr, Hamilton need to get hot and carry the team for awhile.
    4. Find a catcher that can hit for average and get on base.
    5. Hope Bailey turns into an ace starting pitcher.

If these things don't happen Fire Narron! Trade Dunn and Griffey Jr. Dunn is a guy that would get a lot for you in return. Griffey honestly should go to an AL team. I would love to get him in Minnesota, he could dh every day and spell hunter or cuddyer in the outfield.

I have spent several years as a Twins fan with bad teams and bad years. Think about your best young starting pitcher Liriano hurt because the coaching staff and doctors had there heads so far the ass's that the injury almost took a year to figure out. But anyways, you have some nice players to build around, just keep building the club and get rid of the guys that are not helping your team out.
    I couldn't disagree more. Just like you have your finger on the pulse of the Twins and understand every aspect of it's day to day operations we have ours on the pulse of the Reds.

1st since we are speculating here, my money would be on the fact that Girardi's no thanks to Baltimore had less to do with how good or how bad the team was and more to do with how Peter Angelos has to micro manage every aspect of what Baltimore does. Girardi is not a yes man he's his own man thus the fallout with the Marlins FO. And it's also that reason why I think the Reds would be considerably more attractive to him. Whatever people have said about Bob Castellini and Wayne Krivsky the one thing that's not an issue is that people in this organization are allowed to do their job as they see fit. Example Jerry Narron was allowed to make the decision that Josh Hancock could hit the bricks, he didn't want him on the team and he got what he wanted.

2nd Harang may not be in the mold of a Johan Santana but who is? He is as solid all things considered as there is in the NL. In other words he stays healthy (knock on wood), and his statistics can rival just about anybody in the NL and he pitches in a hitters park. He does more with what he has than nearly anyone in the NL. Again he may not be Santana but name someone else who is as solid, dependable and reasonably priced with his kind of production. Not just this year but consistently since Harang made his rise.

Shoot I'll do it for ya!

Oswalt - This is one of the few, However he had only 16 starts in '06, trend?
    Sheets - DL, DL, DL
    Zambrano - Lacks Mental Toughness
    Snell - Too Young to say yet
    Carpenter - Cy Young winner, but only 1 start on the '07 season

This is just our division And they are all talented, perhaps slightly moreso than Harang (Oswalt, Sheets and Zambrano) but again Harang hangs with all of them in terms of production and stays on the field which is the most important thing your "ACE" can do.

And last but not least is Jerry Narron! Wow he is a piece of work, and the only thing standing in the way of his firing is that Krivsky feels the need to 1st get Narron the tools to work with I.E. the bullpen. Apparently Wayne has overlooked one important aspect of the pen and it's struggles and that's Jerry's mismanagement of it. At some point that will no longer be ignored and hopefully Narron hasn't completely ruined a few arms/minds in the process.

But make no mistake that's not Jerry's only flaw, and I won't go into it all but let's just say that he does not inspire confidence in his players. And that IMO is a fatal flaw.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Anyone reading the post two above Mario's should just stop at the lack of an ace starting pitcher. Dominant strikeout totals (among the best in the NL), 200 plus innings, an ERA that has consistently declined for his entire Cincy career.... yep, that's not an ace.

And you're right about the coaches, because good coaches never go to bad teams. Jim Leyland, Lou Pinella, etc, never ever happens. I wouldn't want Girardi, but that argument is flawed. Cash talks, potential talks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12