Thread: Imminent Miley Firing Rumors

Imminent Miley Firing Rumors

As this weekend unfolds it'll be interesting to see whose "inside sources" are bogus and which if any are worth listening to again. Us Reds fans know that various Reds boards have claimed to have reliable inside information about Miley being canned anytime from yesterday (Thursday) to Monday. Looks like none of them are going to be right which is no surprise to me. If he
    is still standing on Monday, we'll know what to do when these guys post "inside info" in the future...

MLB ERA
    Don't blame me, my sources have stated nothing is going to happen as far as they know. I don't post things just for the sake of posting things, because I believe in journalistic integrity.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep CRF, you are definitely not to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Don't blame me, my sources have stated nothing is going to happen as far as they know. I don't post things just for the sake of posting things, because I believe in journalistic integrity.
    I think he is talking about the supposed "inside source" at Redszone. Someone there is claiming that Miley and the entire coaching staff will be fired Sunday after the Cleveland series and that Larry Bowa has been given the job and has been ordered to assemble a new coaching staff.

That said, id like to see Bowa with the front offices support, but the odds of it happening are slim to nil IMO.
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

I have not seen any predictions on this site but yeah, I know you guys have seen them elsewhere and know what I'm talking about. I've also been e-mailed by folks claiming to have inside sources.

I don't want to see Larry Bowa don a Cincinnati uniform. We can do better than him. He is not liked by his players and is such a jerk I fear he'd drive guys like Dunn to consider free agency.

MLB ERA
    Ya I would rather have Boone back before Bowa. Dont know who else is available but theres gotta be a lot of someones better than Bowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    I have not seen any predictions on this site but yeah, I know you guys have seen them elsewhere and know what I'm talking about. I've also been e-mailed by folks claiming to have inside sources.

I don't want to see Larry Bowa don a Cincinnati uniform. We can do better than him. He is not liked by his players and is such a jerk I fear he'd drive guys like Dunn to consider free agency.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to get Davey Johnson back myself. I am sure he would leave his current gig to return back to the MLB.

MLB ERA
    I would like Davey back too.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Bowa meshed well with the veterans but hindered the younger players like Pat Burrell and Jimmy Rollins. He would be perfect for Sean Casey and Danny Graves, but would probably clash with our younger players.

However, im convinced this team needs a manager who gets up in the players faces and lets them know that this type of play is unacceptable to this organization and to the fans. Miley will not do it, Bob Boone defended those players, and Jack McKeon slept through it all.

A message needs to be sent, because the clubhouse has become too complacent and comfortable with losing. It has been this way since Bob Boone took this team over and continued even after his firing. There is no motivation, and players are collecting paychecks while this team heads in a downward spiral.

I dont want to go to Great American Ballpark to see Dunn homer while the team gets blown out. I want to see a winning team on the field. And if that means running the players out on a rail, then so be it.
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by CS The Reds Fan
    Bowa meshed well with the veterans but hindered the younger players like Pat Burrell and Jimmy Rollins. He would be perfect for Sean Casey and Danny Graves, but would probably clash with our younger players.

However, im convinced this team needs a manager who gets up in the players faces and lets them know that this type of play is unacceptable to this organization and to the fans. Miley will not do it, Bob Boone defended those players, and Jack McKeon slept through it all.

A message needs to be sent, because the clubhouse has become too complacent and comfortable with losing. It has been this way since Bob Boone took this team over and continued even after his firing. There is no motivation, and players are collecting paychecks while this team heads in a downward spiral.

I dont want to go to Great American Ballpark to see Dunn homer while the team gets blown out. I want to see a winning team on the field. And if that means running the players out on a rail, then so be it.
    Yes, that sort of fire has been missing from the managerial seat for awhile. For that reason, Griffey Sr and Larkin both should be eliminated. I heard Sr on the radio this morning talking about how his role (during losing streaks) has always been to crack jokes and bring humor to the situation...the last thing they need at this point.

I think the best choice now would be Jim Leyland and I did hear over the winter that he would come back if the situation was right. I don't know if he'd think this is the right situation but I'd be thrilled if he took over. That'd be a good mix of a firey/players manager