Thread: Bailey starting FRIDAY

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Bailey starting FRIDAY

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bailey starting FRIDAY

I wonder how many people bought tickets to the Saturday game, if they were still available, based on the rumor. Anywho, I am a bit uneasy still of bringing up Homer (especially with so many shorter outings, and still being a bit walk heavy) but what's everyone's predictions? Let's hope they let Ross catch him.

6 IP, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 SO
    (I am not saying he couldn't do much better than that, but I am trying to keep my expectations lower so he can soar right over them. And remember, these Indians can hit without question.)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Color me intrigued, I've been hearing enough about this guy not to pay attention to this.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Good job Krivsky,let's start our young ace versus the second best offense in baseball,who dine on right handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Good job Krivsky,let's start our young ace versus the second best offense in baseball,who dine on right handers.
    He's got to learn sometime.

If WK feels he's ready to go, the opponent shouldn't affect when he makes his debut.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The only thing that concerns me, as I posted in another thread, if this was strategically setup as the date to get a sellout crowd and renew fan interest. His last start in AAA was one of his most poor to date this season (it wasn't awful of course) and it seemed like for the supposed weight being given to that game and a potential callup... it really didn't matter all that much.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think your prediction is almost spot on mission. I can't even come up with my own as it says everything about Bailey right now. Not bad outing if those numbers to become true, but now what we want in someone who will become a dominant star one day.

Playing against STL and it being his debut. I don't think he will go deep into the game. 6IP

He will walk a few and STL will get their hits. 3 ER

He still has struggled with his command This being his debut, I expect him to be a bit nervous. at least 3BB

The guy can flat out strike people out at a good rate. Going 6 innings there is no reason to believe he cannot get 7 Ks.

I like it and I will take it.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I think your prediction is almost spot on mission. I can't even come up with my own as it says everything about Bailey right now. Not bad outing if those numbers to become true, but now what we want in someone who will become a dominant star one day.

Playing against STL and it being his debut. I don't think he will go deep into the game. 6IP

He will walk a few and STL will get their hits. 3 ER

He still has struggled with his command This being his debut, I expect him to be a bit nervous. at least 3BB

The guy can flat out strike people out at a good rate. Going 6 innings there is no reason to believe he cannot get 7 Ks.

I like it and I will take it.
    you mean Cleveland.

anyway, got my tickets today, hope he does a good job

Rookie ERA

I'm excited about this move. My first thought when the rumor started was "man, I'm glad I already have my season tickets." This game will be completely sold out--including SRO--by tomorrow if it's not already.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    you mean Cleveland.

anyway, got my tickets today, hope he does a good job

Yep you are right. I had it worng. But Cleveland's bats are even better than STL this year so it seems to reason that the ER will be about right. That is if he has a good game.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

My thoughts are a little odd right now. I am very excited to see him. But when I look at thebig picture, I wonder why he wasn't called up sooner. Now we are 14 games under .500 and have little chance to contend. Just seems odd to me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cleveland has been brutal this year (on opposing pitchers) and if they ride the city hype (with Lebron and crew)... suffice to say, it could be a bad weekend for us Reds fans (but that level of pain can fluctuate depending on if the Reds fan is also a Cavs fan.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    My thoughts are a little odd right now. I am very excited to see him. But when I look at thebig picture, I wonder why he wasn't called up sooner. Now we are 14 games under .500 and have little chance to contend. Just seems odd to me.
    It really seems like a marketing stunt, not that Bailey doesn't deserve it but consider this.

- The Reds are longshots in a still early season.
    - Bailey wasn't all that impressive in his last start, that supposedly was contingent on him getting the call or not for this series.
    - Livingston was lucky, but the results were excellent.
    - We're playing our "rivals" and with our stud prospect coming up at the start of summer, could fan interest be generated?
    - The game Bailey gets is a Friday game with tickets left for it. There was confusion that it could be Saturday (possibly hoping to get ticket sales for that game through those measures) and let's say that Bailey rocks the house on Friday and we win on Saturday, against our "rivals", then it seems like a high attendance for Sunday with the renewed interest and being against the Indians would drive attendance even higher.

Obviously the Reds are going to draw well even without Bailey, but the more buts in the seats, usually the more fun the fans have and with something to be excited about again... the Reds would have a better chance on counting on their loyalty down the line.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Great points man. I see no other ways to view this. And with the super two issue dealing with arbitration, he is at the point where he may or may not be eligible. Maybe they waited as long as they had to in order to keep him from claiming arbitration earlier than later.

This all gives the fans (who may be smarter than than the FO thinks) a far lesser reason to be optimistic. Please do not feed us the thought they we are still tying to contend. And please do not say "we are better than this" anymore. Please do not try and make excuses for this. Hold acoountable those who need to be. I am very dissapointed in Krivsky and RCast at this point.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post

Better to see if he really has what it takes. He has been hyped up so much, he should be up to the task. I would rather see him against a team like this than get a false impression of him from a weak team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast