Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Another punchout for Belisle, he's showing a lot of poise with coming home to have presumably many friends and family catching this appearance. 1-2-3.

Plebeian
    Rookie ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Further to redsrbetter's post on Gonzalez breaking out of his slump, he is the streakiest hitter I think I have ever seen. In the 2 weeks Narron insisted on putting him in the 2 and 5 slots (5/8 - 5/22), Gonzo hit a whopping .118/.182/.176, looking generally punchless.

This week (not counting his single tonight) he is .357/.419/.786.
    Reds record when I am in attendance 2006: 1-13

Reds record when I am in attendance 2007: 2-7

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Love how you threw that in your PBP CRF.

You and mission just hit it on the head. The bottom line is, we need a better catcher. I am fine with allowing Valentin sit on the bench and come in as a lefty bat off the bench as I think he excells there. But we need a legitimate backup catcher. Heck, we needed a better starter as well.

AA ERA

FYI guys..

Josh Hamilton is going through Rehab tonight in the majors against Charlotte and his first AB he hit a Homerun to Left Field. He's 1-3 with 1 SO.

MLB ERA

Gonzalez gets it to 1-2. Takes one down and outside. Swings at ball 3 and fouls it away. Swings at ball 4 and fouls it away. Fouls another away. Swings at ball four again and flies out to 3B. 1 out.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Further to redsrbetter's post on Gonzalez breaking out of his slump, he is the streakiest hitter I think I have ever seen. In the 2 weeks Narron insisted on putting him in the 2 and 5 slots (5/8 - 5/22), Gonzo hit a whopping .118/.182/.176, looking generally punchless.

This week (not counting his single tonight) he is .357/.419/.786.

Don't have the exact numbers off hand he went on a hot streak just after coming back from being on the bereavement list early in the season. He was amazing for about a week. Then Narron moved him up in the order and he still hit for a few days. Then started a major slump. I am wondering if it was the lineup change that effected him. A lot of players do change their approach dependant on their spot in the order.

MLB ERA

Ball one to The Hated Catcher. Swings and misses at ball 1. Swings and misses at probably ball 2. Takes a ball low. 2-2. Fouls one away. Takes one way high and inside. 3-2. Welsh mentions AGAIN how he is hitting the ball real well in a Reds uni. K's swinging. 2 outs.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Plebeian
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Don't have the exact numbers off hand he went on a hot streak just after coming back from being on the bereavement list early in the season. He was amazing for about a week. Then Narron moved him up in the order and he still hit for a few days. Then started a major slump. I am wondering if it was the lineup change that effected him. A lot of players do change their approach dependant on their spot in the order.
    A good point. I prefer Narron to stick him in the 7 hole due to his career OBP being below .300. The pop in his bat will avail the Reds best there, with runners from the middle of the lineup on base, and the inordinate number of outs he makes will hurt less in front of Ross and the pitcher.
    Reds record when I am in attendance 2006: 1-13

Reds record when I am in attendance 2007: 2-7

MLB ERA

Belisle swings and misses. Takes one high. Trever Miller and Lidge up in the pen for the 'Stros. Swings and misses at a ball. Jennings now at 79 pitches. Belisle K's looking.

1-0 Astros, Mid. 5th.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Really, what is Welsh's deal with Moeller? Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything personal against the guy, but we're not exactly running Brian McCann out there daily so the backup is more vital. I just don't get this man love that is completely unjustified.

Jennings had a nice little inning there, even if it was against our might bottom of the order.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life View Post
    FYI guys..

Josh Hamilton is going through Rehab tonight in the majors against Charlotte and his first AB he hit a Homerun to Left Field. He's 1-3 with 1 SO.

I can't wait to get him back.

MLB ERA

Biggio takes a strike. Takes one low. Takes one outside. Grounds one to 3B. 1 out.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I bet on the Astros straight up tonight............srry. But when I heard Moeller/Hopper in the same lineup I had to do it. Im just gonna bet about $15 on every game from here on out. I think I should win about 70-75%, hopefully.

MLB ERA

Everett fouls one off. Takes a strike at the knees. Ball low and outside. Fouls one off. K's swinging. 2 outs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    I bet on the Astros straight up tonight............srry. But when I heard Moeller/Hopper in the same lineup I had to do it. Im just gonna bet about $15 on every game from here on out. I think I should win about 70-75%, hopefully.
    I mean this in the best possible way, I hope you go totally broke on your bets. Of course if your estimated payout works, I am expecting that the beers will be on you, god knows we'll need them then. Ha.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast