Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Loretta takes a strike. Fouls one away. Grounds one to 2B. Force at 2B.

1-0 Astros after 3.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Guys, let's just thank God/Allah/Jesus/Buddha/Whatever that Hamilton homered in his first AAA AB today, we need him and that power back in such a bad way. The Reds look ALRIGHT on paper, but when an injury or two strikes, its clear to see this obvious lack of depth to even the most casual of fan.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Hummm, just noticed no error for Hopper. BTW 3 hits for Houston all 3 up in the zone.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

MLB ERA

Phillips swings at the first pitch and fouls out to 3B. 1 out.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Guys, let's just thank God/Allah/Jesus/Buddha/Whatever that Hamilton homered in his first AAA AB today, we need him and that power back in such a bad way. The Reds look ALRIGHT on paper, but when an injury or two strikes, its clear to see this obvious lack of depth to even the most casual of fan.

Agreed, but soon we will have some serious depth out there. And talent!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

MLB ERA

Dunn bluffs a bunt and take a strike. Why does he seem to do that so often? Is that a Narron call? You don't get a hitter like Dunn down 0-1 when you don't have to. Ruins his AB. Fouled away. Welsh agrees. Grande tries to make excuses for it. Par for the course. Taken inside. Grande says it "makes sense." He now K's looking. 2 outs. Still think it makes sense, George?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

mission, CRF pointed Valentin pitch calling as something that was hindering the pitchers a while back. Once he pointed that out I noticed a trend.

Belisle's starts:

Apr 6th: 1 ER (Velentin did not start)
    Apr 11th 1 ER (Valentin did not start)
    Apr 17th 5 ER (Valentin started)
    Apr 22nd 4 ER in 5 IP (Valentin started)
    Apr 28th complete game 1 ER (Velentin did not start)
    May 4th 5 ER (Valentin did not start)
    May 9th 0 ER (Valentin did not start)
    May 14th 7 ER in 5 IP (Valentin started)
    May 19th 4 ER (Valentin did not start)
    May 24th 4 ER (Valentin did not start)

MLB ERA

Edwin takes as ball low and outside. Swings and hits one to RF.Pence makes the catch just short of the track in right-center. 1-0 Astros, Mid. 4th.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    mission, CRF pointed Valentin pitch calling as something that was hindering the pitchers a while back. Once he pointed that out I noticed a trend.

Belisle's starts:

Apr 6th: 1 ER (Velentin did not start)
    Apr 11th 1 ER (Valentin did not start)
    Apr 17th 5 ER (Valentin started)
    Apr 22nd 4 ER in 5 IP (Valentin started)
    Apr 28th complete game 1 ER (Velentin did not start)
    May 4th 5 ER (Valentin did not start)
    May 9th 0 ER (Valentin did not start)
    May 14th 7 ER in 5 IP (Valentin started)
    May 19th 4 ER (Valentin did not start)
    May 24th 4 ER (Valentin did not start)
    I am not doubting it but I am not calling for Valentin to start everygame either. If we fall so far behind, perhaps the Reds could get a true sample by playing Moeller one month straight, then Valentin one month straight and send Ross out to get some ice cream for the whole crew. When we have Hopper leading off, we need as many potential bats as we could get in IMO.

MLB ERA

Berkman swings and misses. Takes one high and inside. Takes one inside. Takes one on the outside corner for a strike. Fouls one down the 1B line. Check-swing K. 1 out.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

I am not doubting it but I am not calling for Valentin to start everygame either. If we fall so far behind, perhaps the Reds could get a true sample by playing Moeller one month straight, then Valentin one month straight and send Ross out to get some ice cream for the whole crew. When we have Hopper leading off, we need as many potential bats as we could get in IMO.

I see your point, and I agree to some extent. But I'd rather have Belisle pitching a gem and be able to still get a late AB or 2 from Javy than the other possibility. Just sayin'

MLB ERA

Lee takes a ball low and outside. Hits one foul down the LF line. Takes a ball low and outside again. Grounds one to SS. 2 outs.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I hate Moeller like everyone here does. He is not good at any part of the game IMO. I see Valentin as an excellent pinch hitter vs right handed pitchers. I hate to say I like a Narron decision, but this one I do like.

I see your point that we need a lot of offense. But that sample given from Belisle's performances with Valentin behind the plate shows us that he would be causing more heartache as a catcher than what he could do at the plate. In other words, his pitch calling would grant unecessary runs while his bat may grant 1 or 2 on a good day.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I see your point, and I agree to some extent. But I'd rather have Belisle pitching a gem and be able to still get a late AB or 2 from Javy than the other possibility. Just sayin'
    Likely, you are 100% correct. My opinion is more about us getting a quality backup and not a claim for Valentin to be starting, I just really dislke Moeller even on this bench.

MLB ERA

Pence takes a ball. Takes one just low for ball 2. Takes a strike at the knees. Fouls one off back to the screen. (Krivsky needs to get another catcher...that's for sure...a second one that can hit at least a little bit). Pence gets it to 3-2. Fouls one away. Fouls another away. K's on a check-swing held on to by Moeller.

1-0 Astros after 4.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast