Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Geez, Nice throws after that crazy play. But Moeller didn't even get the tag on him! But 1-0 Nonetheless!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Astros 5/29/2007 Belisle to Lohse: "Anything you can do, I can do better.

Other than speed, Hopper doesn't bring much that impresses me at all.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Well, I have said it all year.

But we definitely need someone better than Moeller when Ross is unable to catch.
    No I agree that Valentin leaves a lot of the elements in game to be desired for more, but he isn't so bad to never get an occasional start as I would take his defensive shortcomings over Moeller (who isn't exactly like vintage Pudge) and his blackhole of a bat.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That will go down as an error, right?

MLB ERA

Belisle takes a strike as Grande praises Hopper. Belisle loops a single to RF.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

That will go down as an error, right?

It should he didn't have to dive, he should have just played it on the bounce. Probably a single and a 2 base error.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    No I agree that Valentin leaves a lot of the elements in game to be desired for more, but he isn't so bad to never get an occasional start as I would take his defensive shortcomings over Moeller (who isn't exactly like vintage Pudge) and his blackhole of a bat.
    I don't want Valentin or Moeller ever starting. Ever.

They are both too deficient in too many areas.

Hopper with a strike. Fouls one away. Takes one just high. Swings at a ball and grounds to 3B. Runner out at 2B. Hopper safe at 1B with 1 out. Ball was bobbled at 3B.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't want Valentin or Moeller ever starting. Ever.

They are both too deficient in too many areas.

Hopper with a strike. Fouls one away. Takes one just high. Swings at a ball and grounds to 3B. Runner out at 2B. Hopper safe at 1B with 1 out. Ball was bobbled at 3B.
    Of course, but if I had to pick my poisons... Valentin as an emergency starter, Moeller as a late inning defensive replacement in said situation.

MLB ERA

Hatteberg with a strike. Takes one low. Swings at at ball and grounds slowly to 3B. Runner to 2B. Hatteberg out at 3B. 2 outs.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Of course, but if I had to pick my poisons... Valentin as an emergency starter, Moeller as a late inning defensive replacement in said situation.
    I think Valentin is OK as a PH but I think he is about as bad as Moeller as a starter. Plus I think he negatively impacts our pitching in said game in a huge way, not to mention his inability to throw out runners.

Griffey takes a ball. Takes ball two high. Swings at one and grounds it to 1B. 1-0 Astros, Mid. 3rd.

Snooze central as always for "We're better than it looks" team.

MLB ERA

Ausmus takes a ball low. Lines one to RF. 1 out.

Plebeian
    Rookie ERA

Other than speed, Hopper doesn't bring much that impresses me at all.
    Hopper is brutal out in the OF, IMO. He has no power or patience...basically I agree 100%!
    Reds record when I am in attendance 2006: 1-13

Reds record when I am in attendance 2007: 2-7

MLB ERA

Jennings takes a ball outside. Takes a strike. Swings and misses. Swings and misses for the K. 2 outs.

MLB ERA

Yeah, I don't think Freel would be where he is today if Griffey had been in RF yesterday.

Esnberg gets it to 1-1. Takes a strike. Fouls one away. Lines a single to LF.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Yeah, I don't think Freel would be where he is today if Griffey had been in RF yesterday.

Esnberg gets it to 1-1. Takes a strike. Fouls one away. Lines a single to LF.

Geez, Belisle hung that one as well.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast