Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Reds at Pads 5/16/07

MLB ERA

Re: Reds at Pads 5/16/07

I can understand not using Weathers after pitching three inning last night, but the rest should be available (Coutlangus and McBeth were options, as was Burton).

Looking like a brilliant move to send Salmon down (not). Of course maybe it is, as Narron wouldn't use him at all anyway.

And Arroyo shouldn't have even started the 9th after the 8th inning he had.

I'm in Houston until Monday now, but I just followed that ending part of the game and couldn't believe that.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Oh yeah, and how could I forget, horrible managing and the worst relief pitching in the league add to our losses as well. In fact, they are the culprit of most of them.

MLB ERA

I really don't think the relief pitching would be the worst in the league if Narron would use certain pitchers way more and others in the right situations only. It might still not be great right now because we don't have many power arms (and the ones we do are still young), but I think it would be better for sure.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Oh for sure. We don't even have to think about it. This is a definite fact. I think Narron is so stuck on keeping Stanton/Coffey in set up situations and Weathers in to close that he doesn't really care what kind of problems can come from it.

Stanton and Coffey have been getting killed for over 3 weeks and he was still getting them ready to come in with the game on the line? Insane. That speaks volumes in itself.

I truly believe that he is scared to put in young guys like Burton, Coutlangus, and McBeth in a game changing situation. I could agree with that if we had someone else reliable to go to. But the fact of the matter is, if you are saving Weathers for the ninth inning, then you have to go with what works. Not with what is supposed to work. You know?

MLB ERA

Agreed on all counts!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456