Thread: Todd Coffey

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Todd Coffey

18 outings this season and Todd Coffey has allowed a baserunner in all but 4 of them. Teams have flat out figured this guy out. And he seems to be distraught on the mound these days which is cause for an even worse outing.

I had high expectations for him this year. Yet he has let me down. Is it time for him to take up a seat on the bus and try and figure out what is going on while enjoying a stint in Louisville?

The entire bullpen is a mess of late, but Coffey is still getting a lot of innings and is really hurting the team each time he comes out. What are your guys' thoughts on Coffey right now?

AAA ERA

Re: Todd Coffey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    18 outings this season and Todd Coffey has allowed a baserunner in all but 4 of them. Teams have flat out figured this guy out. And he seems to be distraught on the mound these days which is cause for an even worse outing.

I had high expectations for him this year. Yet he has let me down. Is it time for him to take up a seat on the bus and try and figure out what is going on while enjoying a stint in Louisville?

The entire bullpen is a mess of late, but Coffey is still getting a lot of innings and is really hurting the team each time he comes out. What are your guys' thoughts on Coffey right now?
    yeah, i am disapointed too, and yes he needs to try and figure out whats wrong down in louisville

MLB ERA

Although Coffey has had his struggles this year, he has also been pretty BABIP unlucky, so he could rebound.

Plenty of non-power arms to pick on in the pen who should already be off the team.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

No doubt Coffey has thestuff. But I am starting to doubt his makeup when the game is on the line. Narron loves to go to him in tight situations, and the question may be that he is going to him too often.

Coffey screwed it up yet again tonight on a changeup that was supposed to be down and he left it belt high. He had zero faith in his breaking ball and his fastball wasn't hitting its spot. His control is gone and he may need rest to retune it.