Thread: Yanks will NOT take Griffey

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yanks will NOT take Griffey

Aging Yanks: No Jr.

The Yankees are apt to go get almost anyone who can help. But one player club execs swear they won't trade for is the injury-prone Ken Griffey Jr. Unless Cincinnati will take Giambi, of course. Which they won't. No one's ever been less valuable relative to his contract than Giambi.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

AAA ERA
    fine with me, Griffey is playing good enough for me

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep I am happy that Griffey is not going there at least. There is nobody we could get from them. No good prospects left and they will not give us a solid starter. Good no trade.

AA ERA
    I just dont see Griffey getting traded no matter what. I think Casey has a better chance at getting moved than Griffey and I dont think that is going to happen. At least this year anyway. If the Reds continue to tank, Griff is one of the few on the team that will still get people to the ballpark. I just cant see the Reds shipping him if he continues to hit as well. This team has waited for him to stay healthy and it would be disappointing to see him gone if he is still going strong after the all star break.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's funny what seeing glimpses of the real Griffey can do to you.

My baseball logic says, "He's old, injury proned and his contract hurts the team as a whole."
    Then my heart says, "He's The Kid. Plain and simple."

My baseball logic is right, I am just glad I don't have to make the decision. Griffey was and still is my baseball idol. Pretty sad to see a 19 year old white kid still trying to be like JR. when playing baseball with his pals.

MLB ERA
    And you're not alone mission.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    And you're not alone mission.
    the 3 of us are in agreement.. sure he isn't going to hit 50, but if he can hit 30 and drive in 100.. ill take that from him, plus you can't help but like the guy

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    It's funny what seeing glimpses of the real Griffey can do to you.

My baseball logic says, "He's old, injury proned and his contract hurts the team as a whole."
    Then my heart says, "He's The Kid. Plain and simple."

My baseball logic is right, I am just glad I don't have to make the decision. Griffey was and still is my baseball idol. Pretty sad to see a 19 year old white kid still trying to be like JR. when playing baseball with his pals.
    Try being a 29 year old man, trying to be Junior when I play mens' league softball. There are a couple distinct differences. I am right handed, play 2nd base/ SS, not nearly as pretty a swing, next to no power, and I am white.....but I still wear the jersey

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Try being a 29 year old man, trying to be Junior when I play mens' league softball. There are a couple distinct differences. I am right handed, play 2nd base/ SS, not nearly as pretty a swing, next to no power, and I am white.....but I still wear the jersey
    you should try to be more like Bip Roberts really... when is started switch hitting, I emulated my Left Handed batting stance from the Bipster

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033
    you should try to be more like Bip Roberts really... when is started switch hitting, I emulated my Left Handed batting stance from the Bipster
    I emulated him when I played baseball in high school....My game and his were a lot a like. VERY SMALL STRIKE ZONE at the time, I was 5-7 and crouched at the plate, somewhat quick...not fast like Bip, and played more positions (every position in a game once), and was not a switch hitter. Alright, I really didn't have that similar of a game as Bip....it was just a nickname that my boys gave me as we share the same last name.