Thread: Lohse/Harang avoid Arbitration

AA ERA

Lohse/Harang avoid Arbitration

"Cincinnati Reds: Right-hander Kyle Lohse, who moved into the Cincinnati Reds' starting rotation down the stretch last season, agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract.

Lohse, 28, made 19 starts and 15 relief appearances for the Minnesota Twins and Reds combined last year. His last 11 appearances were as a starter for the Reds, going 3-5 with a 4.50 ERA"...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...d=2732964#Reds

good move for the Reds. Good way to spend some money.little to late now maybe, just thought i'd inform everyone

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Has Harang signed? I haven't seen anything about it other than news from a day or two ago that he wanted 5.5 mil or so and the Reds wanted to offer like 4.3 mil. I know it's part of the bargaining process but the Reds would be quite wise to offer Harang a 3 year deal in the neighborhood of 27-33 million. Of course they should be willing to go higher than that (as I am sure Harang would feel deserving of more in the current market), but they need to show some commitment to him. The press has obviously picked Bronson Arroyo to be the posterchild of the rotation, but Harang has been our ace for two seasons in a row now, with improvements made each season as a Reds player and he needs to know the organization appreciates that. That and it only makes sense financially as he would gain a lot more value if he got a 3rd season under his belt like his two previous ones.

Anywho, here are the figures on Lohse per Rotoworld.com:
    Kyle Lohse-S- Reds Jan. 16 - 10:35 pm et

Reds agreed to terms with RHP Kyle Lohse on a one-year, $4.2 million contract.
    Lohse won arbitration cases against the Twins the previous two years, but he wasn't willing to take his chances in the process again. He settled for a $300,000 raise after posting a 5.83 ERA last season.

AA ERA
    my bad.. i didnt see that it said Harang was the only one. Well still big news that they are attempting to work with him. I would give him around 5 million. He's earned it