Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Good News/Bad News (5/10/05)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Graves still sucks bad! But we get a win and had some good pitching tonight overall. Claussen was cruising even with some control problems early. He gets hurt and this bullpen somehow was able to hold the Padres from scoring. Hitting came through quite a bit with RISP as well. So we can win the series tomorrow with Wilson. Nice game.

MVP: Casey

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Guess you and I are the lucky charms redsrbetter
    Yeah we must be. But I have to say that I have not been much luck lately. But you may just be our guy! Good posting tonight man!

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    No doubt MVP= Casey

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Yeah we must be. But I have to say that I have not been much luck lately. But you may just be our guy! Good posting tonight man!
    Thanks, I am starting to think the little er big streak was my fault. Busy with work and haven't watched the Reds hardly at all. Watched them through the 8th last night and thought they had it in the bag....so I went to bed, and you know what happened after that. So, I told myself that I would watch the whole game tonight. I was prepared to go 27 innings if I had too.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Nice bipster. You have to stick around more often then man!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good thread guys! Luckily we had the game on at work so I watched most of it. I felt like going nuts with that Casey hit. Just a foot or two shy of a homer.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    HaHa would have been funny if you went crazy at work! I do it all the time. Good game though.

MLB ERA
    I too was at work(from 2:30-9:30), even when I was posting earlier on in this thread.

Anyway... we won!!!!

MVP is definitely Casey, who is starting to look more like himself.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If we get Casey back to his old stuff, it could be huge. He's the catalyst to this offense IMO.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    If we get Casey back to his old stuff, it could be huge. He's the catalyst to this offense IMO.

I totally agree. This team can really hit when both Casey and Randa are hitting well. They are the two biggest keys right now, IMO.

They are the type of hitters who I trust in when they are "seeing" the ball well.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    I just finished chatting through e-mail with Hal, and he said that Miley(or anyone) did NOT confess that O'Brien was forcing Aurilia on him, but that when Marty mentioned that as a possibility, he said that "anything is possible" and that the players were WONDERING the same thing.

I also asked him about Miley's job security, and he seems to think he has no threat of being fired.

I just wanted to clear things up to ensure that everyone understands the situation as it is at this point. We might find out more definitive things on whether or not O'Brien is forcing Aurilia on Miley later on.

MLB ERA
    LOL.

When I told Hal that everyone on message boards is up in arms about the team, here is what he said:

"Hey, it's a bad team with bad pitching and a bad pitch. Why get up in arms when fans should know this team can't come close to competing with the Cardinals and most other NL Central teams"

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Why get up in arms when fans should know this team can't come close to competing with the Cardinals and most other NL Central teams"
    I wouldnt totally agree with that at the moment. Just the Cards. You look at it and 2nd place belongs to the Brewers a game under .500. I think the Reds are just as good as anyone else in the division with exception to the Redbirds.

Anyway I would like to take credit for the Reds winning today b/c I didnt get home until after the game. Usually I show up for the wild 9th J/K It is good to see the Reds close a game and maybe they can build some confidence and put a few together. Here is for the best this weekend.

MLB ERA
    Stay way until games end volzok. Far, far away.

AA ERA
    I will do my best CRF

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast