Thread: Are things turning for the best?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Are things turning for the best?

Whether it be Miley or DanO making the horrible Aurilia call, it does not matter for now. There is no choice but to keep him out of the lineup for a few days. Hopefully longer. So, we have a good thing to look at. No matter what, we will see Felo in the lineup in his place. This is a VERY good thing right now. Take note the win tonight. We had some nice plays at SS from a young talented player. Aurilia has proven not to be able to have the same impact. The problem now is that Jiminez will see some more starting time, I guarantee it. Somehow Lopez at 2B is OK, but Freel there is unacceptable on a regular basis. Miley or DanO (whoever the loser is) is going to make us have at least one bad bat in the lineup every night. Also, Freel will get his starts in place of Kearns still. Which may not be too bad, but it would be a lot better to keep Kearns in there and Jiminez out.

But we may see more wins if Jiminez can get it together. I am just happy that Aurilia is out. Not a good way to have to do it, but I will honestly take it. Injuries are nothing to wish on someone, but I really think this is what it had to come to. Now we just have to have Lopez bat 1.000 and field 1.000 in order to make DanO or Miley do something about it.

Another thing that may be good. I personally like Kearns a lot. But this management has something personal about him. No doubt at all about that. So I am all for trading him if we are not going to play him. If we get Vazquez, we may have something better in our rotation. There are a lot of rumors being spread and I wish I knew half of them. But something may happen that could get us back into this race.

Also, Coffey being up could be a big thing. If he can make it happen this time up as he did his first 2 innings tonight, we may have a guy to take our problems away in the bullpen. It starts with him. So I will be a bigtime Coffey and Lopez fan right now. How about you guys?

AAA ERA
    hmmm good im glad i didn't have to sniper aurilia to get him out of the lineup, but perhaps someone put an injury curse on him

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Also, Coffey being up could be a big thing. If he can make it happen this time up as he did his first 2 innings tonight, we may have a guy to take our problems away in the bullpen. It starts with him. So I will be a bigtime Coffey and Lopez fan right now. How about you guys?
    Same here redsrbetter. I really like what Coffey brings to the table. I know he has kinda struggled lately but I think he has some good stuff. I would rather have him learning how to pitch than some useless RP (insert your favorite MR here) just taking up a roster space b/c hes a vet. Use the same sentence for Felipe. I want him to learn how to play SS and how to hit ML pitching. So basically I agree with everything you state here redsrbetter.