Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No room for Claussen

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd sign Werth and dump Crosby, but that won't happen.

Realistically? Eh, I don't know. So many of the options left are unsexy and no matter what, it's going to be overpaying. I wouldn't mind Suppan, other than the high WHIP, he can throw a good deal of groundballs with a fair amount of success. Tomo Ohka wouldn't be a bad choice on an affordable deal. Mark Mulder's return to prior form looks very unlikely given the injury and he'll undoubtedly be overpaid, but I wouldn't mind picking him up on an incentive laden deal.

As for outfielders. Craig Wilson still has some youth and if given a full season in GAB, he could have success I believe (the price tag wouldn't be killer.) Aubrey Huff is no defensive wiz, but he's coming off a down year and has some youth as well, if had on the cheap, he could be a good option. Then you got guys like Nixon who I am not crazy about and realistic options like former Twins player Shannon Stewart. Wilson or Huff would make me happy though.

We should avoid trading though, the well has dried up in terms of talent that another team would want that we could afford to give up.

AA ERA
    Huff could also play 1B i think he would probably go for 4-5 million or so i heard but i saw that he's close to signing with the O's. There's just not much out there anymore which sucks but realistically there wasn't much anyways

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    Brandon Claussen-S- Reds Dec. 13 - 1:48 am et

Reds non-tendered LHP Brandon Claussen.
    All 28 non-tenders can now be found below. Obviously, the Reds' move to designate Claussen for assignment Tuesday was just a stall tactic. This is another loophole MLB should close one of these years. It's a silly rule that players like Claussen should have to go through waivers every other time of year, but not for one day in December. Maybe it makes sense for arbitration-eligible players, but those without the service time should be subject to the waiver wire just like they would be at any other time. The Reds now have a better chance of keeping Claussen than they would have otherwise. Still, someone should trump them with a guaranteed contract.
    Hmm, I didn't realize that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12