Thread: Arbitration offers and declines

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Arbitration offers and declines

per rotoworld:

Reds offered arbitration to INF Rich Aurilia and LHP Scott Schoeneweis; declined to offer arbitration to RHP David Weathers, LHP Kent Mercker, OF Todd Hollandsworth, RHP Paul Wilson, RHP Jason Johnson, RHP Ryan Franklin and LHP Eddie Guardado.

It's pretty disappointing that they declined to offer arbitration to Weathers, a Type A free agent. All signs point to him getting a two-year deal, and he'd be a superior investment for one year. It's not like the Reds have a bunch of better relievers.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per Marc Lancaster:

The Reds have offered salary arbitration to Rich Aurilia and Scott Schoeneweis, but did not offer it to David Weathers, Kent Mercker or Eddie Guardado.

Since Aurilia and Schoeneweis seem certain to sign elsewhere, this pretty much ensures the Reds of grabbing a couple of draft picks. The other three all have a chance to come back in one form or fashion, with Weathers a definite possibility.
    Nothing too disheartening or harmful. Its whatever...

MLB ERA
    Only surprise could be considered Weathers and even if he took it youd get him back on a 1 yr deal. I think the team just felt that Weathers might lose any market value if they arby'd him and cut him off at the knees and didnt want to cost him possible positions.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes