Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game 134: Reds @ Dodgers

MLB ERA
    Freel K's. 1 out.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Dunn flies out to RF. 2 outs.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Aurilia flies out to CF on the first pitch.

4-2 Dodgers, Mid. 8th.

Tomko threw nine pitches there. The Reds don't have a BB all night. They just swing at anything anymore.

It almost seems they are not even caring at this point. Why should we care then?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Aurilia flies out to CF on the first pitch.

4-2 Dodgers, Mid. 8th.

Tomko threw nine pitches there. The Reds don't have a BB all night. They just swing at anything anymore.

It almost seems they are not even caring at this point. Why should we care then?
    So if they cared they'd magically start scoring runs?

MLB ERA
    Betemit hits a HR to RF on the first pitch to make it 5-2 Dodgers. Thanks for allowing me to leave, Schoeneweis. I can't take it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    So if they cared they'd magically start scoring runs?
    They can have good AB when they want to. They've done it this year at times. It just seems they are going through the motions right now.

And they are about to be a .500 team for the first time since they were (1-1) and 4.5 games behind the approaching 10 games over .500 Jocketty Methodology. Also 1.5 behind the Padres and 1 game behind the Phillies. We are going to be having to jump over a lot of teams soon if we keep losing.

Still no reason for me to not believe in my (81-81) pre-season prediction, and even that might be kind. They might well finish as a below .500(below average in a down league this year) team. Are they really much better(if at all) than they were for the past couple years?

MLB ERA
    And I see no reason for doing Game Threads now anyway. There is very little attendance(really wasn't even before the losing streak) and when most(not all) show up to the thread they are here to make sarcastic and annoying comments before they crawl away again.

I give up.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate the efforts man. Frustration is sinking in though with all of us. And I get your point, I watch these games and I want to care, but I just can't. We need to be playing with our guts exposed, total effort and determination, but few players show it. Like a mirage, this seems to be fading away so quickly, the death of the west coast trip as usual.

Something needs to change, either before tonight's over or tomorrow. This team just seems to have lost hope and I don't know if we can get it back if we wait too long.

MLB ERA
    I missed it, but apparently Marty said on the radio just a few minutes ago:

*You see very little fire with the team

* Players are walking to their positions and lollygagging around

* They've shown no signs that they are wanting to turn it around but won't admit it publically

It sounds like Marty doesn't like what he's heard in the clubhouse lately either.

MLB ERA
    That Clayton sure is something........bad. He is a pro though. A vet who plays the game the RIGHT way!!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Have you guys ever been out walking on campus or whatever, only to think you just spotted a gal who's quite the looker in the distance? But as you get closer and closer, your perception of that opinion starts to change as you get closer to her. Even if we win tonight, tomorrow and even if we eek out a playoff spot... really, what our are chances? I will admit at times this has been a special team who has made even the most down Reds fan optimistic, but we lack (outside of substantial playoff talent) consistency. How are we expected to win several series against tough teams (like the Dodgers) if we can't expect the three componets of offense, pitching and defense to work in harmony? It just happens so rarely for this team.

Like I said, something has to give. They got to get the fire back in their belly and have the bats wake up. It's becoming ever clear that we needed to do more at the deadline that acquire for the most part at best medicore relief talent, so we're going to need heart/spunk/grit/whatever the hell you want to call it kick in. I hate to be so down, but I've gone from hyped to depressed over this skid and you got to expect a post like this in it.

MLB ERA
    Excellent post, mission.

We can't get all parts of the team together at once. We're inconsistent. Our offense loses patience. We don't play well fundamentally. Our defense makes poor/boneheaded plays. Our pitching is up and down.

The most consistent part of the team is Narron being an idiot and that's not a recipe for success!

If we don't pick it up starting Friday night, we are going to be out of it very soon and everyone will start focusing on the high expectations for the Bengals.

MLB ERA
    At least Jim Day sounds annoyed that the Reds lost again.

Then you have Grande who basically says: "Well, that completes the sweep by the Dodgers. The Reds have now lost six games in a row, but we will be coming back at you on Friday with a good ole' hi, hello and welcome from beautiful Petco in San Diego! The Cardinals also won tonight, which puts the Reds 4.5 behind them. They were certainly on the smiling side of the scoreboard tonight. Have a wonderful evening everyone!"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    We have to sweep the Padres. Not just for the WC, but we need some kind of push to get us over the edge. I don't know how likely that is, but hopefully Daniel can work some voodoo magic in San Diego because lord knows we need someone on our side (yes, even Satan will work.)

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    We have to sweep the Padres. Not just for the WC, but we need some kind of push to get us over the edge. I don't know how likely that is, but hopefully Daniel can work some voodoo magic in San Diego because lord knows we need someone on our side (yes, even Satan will work.)
    I'll try my best, try at least to distract the Padre outfeilders where I'll be sitting

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345