Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Survivor, round 20

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Griffey's OPS is under .650 over the last month and a half or so. That just won't cut it in the three-hole.
    he's still one of our best he don't deserve to be cut at least deserves to be one of the last 5 at best

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNi3L™
    damn all the griffey haters
    Griffey is still one of my faves and no other player hitting a homerun evokes the same response. But like I said, he just hasn't been his usual level of expected production. Griffey is not a .300 OBP guy and even though if he got back on track, he would be deserving to last longer, to this point his production is not more worthy of what the other players have brought to the table in terms of what they need to. Our lineup would be a lot better with Griffey out of the crucial 3 spot, that's not his fault (and maybe a change would help him), but in this case missing out time after time just hurts him. Imagine if 7 of his homers fell short at the warning track what his production would look like.

Griffey needs to be the man again and I hope he proves me wrong along with anyone else who has voted against him, because if we plan to make the playoffs, we need the Griff of last year. And nothing more would please me than seeing that.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    don't make him any less great, I still have my faith in Griffey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12