Thread: One of the worst defensive Reds teams in history?

One of the worst defensive Reds teams in history?

When Danny Graves goes on the mound, you know you're never assured a victory. That alone should be reason to boot him off the roster ASAP. Saves are saves, but Graves does far more bad to the team than he does good. I can't stand his "who gives a shit?" personality. Both he and Junior are poor, poor examples of team leadership. Neither one is willing to stand up and demand stellar play from his teammates. Is ANYONE on the Reds willing to take a stand and demand the team to shape up or ship out???? Right now I am steaming. This was one really hurts, if you're a fan. I believe this was the final straw for the Reds. They're just not a solid team on either side of the plate. When that happens, bad things happen. What are the Reds in now, sixth place? How's THAT for a $25 million Milton contract? I don't know how Sean Casey catches so many crappy throws in the dirt. If it wasn't for him, this team would be a solid, solid contender for last place in the NL Central. I mean, what the hell is up with all the throws that don't even make it to first base? Jesus, Casey could out-run some of those throws. That's bad baseball, folks. Anyone want to take dibs on how long Dave Miley lasts as manager? I'm thinking he'll be gone at the All-Star break.

MLB ERA
    Totally agree on Graves. I really don't like him.

Don't agree on Griffey, although he COULD be more aggressive with the other players.

Casey should have scooped a couple of those throws, but it's tough when you have such awful throws coming your way.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Milton did well tonight, but the team did not pick him up. This bullpen needs to be changed up right away. They are all getting worse as we speak. Including Wagner. He has been in a thud the last few outings. Graves should not pitch at all for the rest of this series at least. But I do not know that I really trust a single arm in this bullpen right now. Wagner is our best option still, but that is it. Mercker might be OK as well, but he hurts us sometimes too. Everyone else can get released for all I care. I know it will really suck for us if that happened. But I don't care about their contracts, or the fact that it may hurt o have to guarantee Keisler, Stone, Ramirez a spot on the team. Seriously how could it be worse.

Maybe we should not release them exactly, but at least send them to suck in AAA and stir things up a bit. I really think that management will say that this was a great game, but we just ran into some bad luck in the final inning. If that is said they are excusing the bullpen and I will be pissed!

MLB ERA
    Wagner and Mercker are the only two I'd even keep. We should call up five players from the minor... Keisler, Stone, Ramirez, Kelly and someone else.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    We have Hancock ready to come off an injury soon too. Also when Hudson gets back, we have options there. I hope O'Brien does this right.