Thread: White Flag

MLB ERA

White Flag

I'm raising it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    Same here. Usually every year the Reds have a 9 run lead blown and they never seem to recover. Well this is it and unfortuantly its the 2nd day in May this year.

AAA ERA
    can you say...godbye to the NL central race...hell goodbye to the wildcard race for that matter

MLB ERA
    Goodbye to another season, as the Reds will have their 5th consecutive losing season for the first time.

I am so sickened I can't even describe how I feel about what the idiots in charge of done to this once storied franchise!!!!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

You just never know what might happen, but my gut instinct is that the team's season is over before it really even started.

remember the 'stros from last year? They were out of it at the all-star break and firing anyone that moved. Then things came together, they put together a few winning streaks, and they made the playoffs.

I'm not saying that the reds are going to do that. But i'd rather have this sh-t happen now so that we have a chance to make "adjustments" and make a run in the second half. If we're around .500 at the all-star break we're still in it. We're 5 under right now, which means that's not all that likely, but certianly not out of the relm of possibility.

We're only one month in right now, so in terms of record and all that we're doing fine. In fact, i think we're probably right around where the cards were at this point last season. The reason to worry isn't the record, it's the managment, i just don't have faith that we will shake things up enough to turn it around.

And i mean big stuff, sending some of these relievers out/down (anyone else see the resemblance to j. haynes in weathers) and maybe trading people like wily mo or freel or jiminez or kearns for pitchers who can get the job done. and they have to end this charade of graves as closer, it was funny while it lasted, but he's a terrible pitcher, that's obvious.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    I gotta tell you With our Manager, I don't think he has the BALLS to make the moves he needs to make to get on the right track, Continually putting the .208 hitting Jimenez in the leadoff spot is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I am not willing to blame Miley for all the Problems the Reds have, and that is not what I am doing, What I am saying is that when the Chips are down, I don't think he has what it takes to turn this team around

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    remember the 'stros from last year? They were out of it at the all-star break and firing anyone that moved. Then things came together, they put together a few winning streaks, and they made the playoffs.

I'm not saying that the reds are going to do that. But i'd rather have this sh-t happen now so that we have a chance to make "adjustments" and make a run in the second half. If we're around .500 at the all-star break we're still in it. We're 5 under right now, which means that's not all that likely, but certianly not out of the relm of possibility.

We're only one month in right now, so in terms of record and all that we're doing fine. In fact, i think we're probably right around where the cards were at this point last season. The reason to worry isn't the record, it's the managment, i just don't have faith that we will shake things up enough to turn it around.

And i mean big stuff, sending some of these relievers out/down (anyone else see the resemblance to j. haynes in weathers) and maybe trading people like wily mo or freel or jiminez or kearns for pitchers who can get the job done. and they have to end this charade of graves as closer, it was funny while it lasted, but he's a terrible pitcher, that's obvious.
    Or what about the Marlins in 02? How bad were they looking and then turned it around?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA
    well i sure hope we can turn it around like they did...ne one think we can?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Good point Wally. A reason for us to stay positive. It is hard and time will tell all and can heal all wounds. The Reds are going to have to come out big tonight and show us they are past this and that they are better than their ninth inning performance last night. Also, O'Brien is going to have to strike some fear and say he does not care how much someone is making. Nobody is untouchable. Keep plasying bad and you will no longer wear a Reds uniform. "But I am the superstar closer" Graves can say. Then O'Brien can tell him "That's a big negatory."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033
    I gotta tell you With our Manager, I don't think he has the BALLS to make the moves he needs to make to get on the right track,
    How many times does it need to be said that there is only so much Miley can do. He is strattled with sub-par talent. When you take out a pitcher, you have to replace him with somebody, and everyone in the bullpen (save Wagner) has been a load of crap. The only thing that he has done wrong is not playing Freel everyday. There's only a handful of different outfield combinations that he can run out there. Aurilia, Weber, Weathers, Mercker, etc. shouldn't be on the roster (not Miley's fault, DanO's fault)

Roster moves come from DanO, not Miley.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yes but Miley has better players than the likes of Aurilia that he sits on the bench. That is Miley's call, or at least should be.

I agree with the bullpen situation though redsfan28. Miley has little talent to use and he has no choice sometimes.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    How many times does it need to be said that there is only so much Miley can do. He is strattled with sub-par talent. When you take out a pitcher, you have to replace him with somebody, and everyone in the bullpen (save Wagner) has been a load of crap. The only thing that he has done wrong is not playing Freel everyday. There's only a handful of different outfield combinations that he can run out there. Aurilia, Weber, Weathers, Mercker, etc. shouldn't be on the roster (not Miley's fault, DanO's fault)

Roster moves come from DanO, not Miley.
    how about that i was complaining about HOW he is using his bullpen, NOT who is in his bullpen